Chapter 4: Confused & Hungry... Mostly Hungry

Secret HeartChapter 4: Confused and Hungry

Secret Heart
Chapter 4: Confused and Hungry... Mostly Hungry

"What the hell is going on?" The bag and helmet fall to the hard floor with a crash as I raise a hand to scratch furiously at the back of my head in confusion. "Why are you here, Phun? Is this some kind of joke? How did you get in the CEO's office?"

"Take a breath, Noh." Phun chuckles and stands up to walk over to me. Bending down, he picks up the bag and helmet and moves them over to the empty table. Walking back, he tugs lightly on the sleeve of my jacket and guides me over to the comfortable looking chairs. "Why don't we sit down first?"

Not knowing what else to do or how to react, I follow along. Confusion clouds my mind as I sit down in the chair indicated and watch Phun settle into another across from me. He unbuttons his coat jacket to get comfortable and folds his hands in front of him.

"I guess you didn't find the business card I gave you the other night." This isn't really a question but more of a statement, as if Phun had been expecting this outcome. "I wondered if you were too smashed to remember our conversation."

"It's not that." I'm quick to deny but my usual honest streak butts in and I hang my head a bit. "Okay, so it is that, sort of. I did find your card but I couldn't read anything on it. Something got spilled on it and smudged the writing."

"Then the note I left about seeing you on Monday must have really confused you." Phun's chuckle fills the room and a knot tightens in my belly. Before I can respond, a quiet knock sounds and the door opens to reveal Secretary Sutterland carrying a small tray with two drinks perched on top. She looks over at Phun curiously as his laughter subsides.

"I've brought your drinks. Iced coffee for Khun Nawahindakarn and Iced Americano for Khun Phun. If there is anything else you need, please let me know." She gives a slight bow and directs a warm smile towards me. I'm not sure why she looks at me so fondly but it manages to calm my nerves some.

What should I call Phun now?? CEO Phumipat? Boss? Khun Phun like his secretary calls him? I'm so fucking confused. One thing is for sure, I can't just keep calling him by his name anymore.

 "Thank you, Aunt Chailai." Picking up the drink she set in front of him, Phun closes his eyes and takes a sip while she sets the other drink in front of me.

"Thank you. I do have one request. Would it be possible for you to call me Napat, or even Noh?" My voice is a bit hesitant but the request makes her smile.

"Certainly. I'd be happy to, Khun Noh. Then you must call me Aunt Chailai like Khun Phun does, as we will be seeing a lot of each other while you work here." She nods her head to the both of us and walks out of the office, making sure to close the door behind her.

The rest of our conversation that morning took a long time as Phun explained everything and there was more than one time that I was tempted to walk out the door. This was way beyond what I expected when I first came into the building. Phun Phumipat's words took a while to sink in and I'm still wondering if this is a dream. This kind of shit isn't supposed to happen in real life. I met this guy in a club (really fell on top of him but let's not split hairs over it) while celebrating my new job and he just happens to be the CEO of the company I'm going to work for. Because of that accidental meeting, my low entry level job gets boosted to the executive level as his assistant with an eye-popping new number for my salary... and benefits! I get fucking benefits after the first month!