Chapter 3: Single & Transferred

Chapter 3

Single and Transferred

The searing fires of a thousand suns forces their way into Noh's eyes and he groans loudly at the intrusion before rolling over to escape. Burrowing into the pillow on the other side doesn't work either as it jerks away and smacks him on his already pounding head. "What the fuck?!"

"Get your ass away from me. I'm not your pillow or your boyfriend." The grumbling voice of Ohm manages to wake Noh up a bit, enough for him to open one crusty eye.

"Shut the hell up, you loud fuck. You're gonna split my head in two." Noh rubs a hand over his eyes and looks around at the blurry but familiar surroundings. "How did we get home and why are you in my bed?"

"Don't ask me. Ask your new boyfriend." Sitting up, Ohm scratches his belly and yawns widely. "Last I remember, it was just the three of us left at the club."

"Boyfriend? What the fuck are you talking about?" Scratching his head in confusion, Noh sits up and looks over at his best friend.

"You don't remember Mr. Perfect from last night, the guy you almost flattened when you fell off the stage?" Ohm shakes his head with a teasing laugh. "Poor Yu. She's gonna be devastated when she finds out you're leaving her for another guy."

"Fuck you." Noh raises his middle finger in the general direction of Ohm. "I'm not dating anybody right now, not even Yu."

"When the fuck did this happen?" Sitting up in surprise, Ohm stares at Noh. "And why don't I know about it?"

"Last week. You were busy helping n'Mick with his project." Noh gets off the bed and stretches while walking towards the open bedroom door. "Yu told me she fell for someone else so that's the end of it. It's not like we were really going out anyway. As long as she's happy, I'm good with it."

"Who's the other guy? Anybody we know?" Ohm follows him out as he asks his questions. "What do you mean you weren't dating? You two have been together since Uni. How are you not devastated?"

"Damn it. Let me get something to eat before you interrogate me. I'm starving!" Noh stomps over to the kitchen and freezes. "What the...?"

Sitting neatly on the table under a netting tent is a large tureen of what looks like soup. The smell is delicious, fragrant with herbs and chicken broth. Next to this is a bottle of medicine, a pitcher of water, and a square white piece of paper with neat handwriting on it. Noh picks up the note and reads it.

Noh,

I'm guessing you will wake up with a hangover.

Hope the soup and medicine help. Don't forget to drink lots of water.

Make sure Ohm has some, too. Thanks again for letting me join the party

and crash at your place.