Entering the Jungle

I couldn't sleep a wink. It keeps bugging me. I didn't know why he did that as punishment. He could have thought a way more civil one. Why a kiss?

And the a thought enters my mind.

Heck, he took my first kiss. Now he jus took my second. That jerk.

But I wonder, why doesn't it matter that much to me? I always thought my first kiss is something precious--or my second rather.

Aargh! Can work start early? Work can wipe these away for sure and a good bath would do.

But I didn't feel like it. Something was boiling inside me. Not anger. Something different. Bubbles.

Can't take seeing his eyes in my mind, I stood up, heading to the kitchen.

I took a jug of water out and gulped down water, hoping it would drown the kiss away.

My phone inside my pocket indicates a message. Who in the world would send me mail this early? Nathan?

I opened it and clicked on the message.

Good morning dear. Are you and Chrome doing fine? I'm away for a business this week and I hope you could stay with him while I'm gone. Anna, our housekeeper, has gone home to visit her family. I hope you don't mind.

P.S. The money's coming tomorrow. Think about it.

How rude can these people be. Yeah, Mr.Ashfield may be sweet sometimes but he's a ruthless business man. He can be forceful.

I groaned, shutting the screen off.

Just the right time when I don't want to see his face yet. Just so right.

I put down the jug, closing the refrigerator. Now's the time I could get that sleep I ached all night for.

Halfway through the living room and my room, the bell rings. Surprised, I scampered to the window. I opened it a bit and stuck my eyelash outside. Even with his sunglasses on, I could smell the expensive perfume he wore. I slowly closed the window, sticking to the walls.

I hope he doesn't see me. I don't want to...

"Hey, Pignose!"

What the heck?! Pignose?!

I opened the door wide. "What?!"

He smirks.

"Way to go, Kaye." I said to myself, disappointed at myself destroying my only plan to avoid him.

"I haven't got all day, Money."

Why does he call me names? "My name's Kaye!"

"Yeah, whatever. Come on Money!"

I grunted, heading back to my room. I packed everything I need, latching the key off its hook. But before I left, I took one last look in the mirror.

I didn't know that girl. Promise.

My hair was in different tangles and knots for tossing and turning all night. My eyes have black underneath them and my face is terribly oily. I gasped at myself. I rinsed my face by the sink, grabbing onto a soap.

Shoot, I haven't bathed yet.

He looked so clean and handsome in the light of a dawning sky. I looked someone who partied hard all night.

I locked up the gate, smoothed my hair and rolled my eyes at him. "Don't judge. I only woke up. And it's four a.m."

He shrugs in reply, "Somehow having you in my apartment this week is going to give me a massive headache. Louis is so inconsiderate."

"That, I agree. Who would want to live with you?"

"Well there's Natalie for instance. Porcia too, and Georgina."

"Pervert! I bet you have a harem waiting for you back at your apartment! You egotistical jerk!"

"Hey, slow down. It's not my fault I'm handsome."

"Yeah, so handsome that you kissed someone like me who has really high standards."

The kiss....God. I'm a blabbermouth.

He pressed the gas and drove off. I didn't add any words to the last sentence of our conversation. And the silence hung, awkward.

The drive was so similar as last night's.

We arrive at his apartment, the day still not breaking. It was chilly and I hugged my pack closer to me. He pressed the password and entered.

His room's empty and cold. Something lacked in here.

The grey, black, and white theme was so monochromatic that made me miss my home immediately. The cozy mix of colors, no formal patterns, was nostalgic. I set my bag on one of the couches, still unfamiliar though it's my fourth visit. I didn't feel welcome at all.

"When does your shift start?" He suddenly asks. I turn to him, lost of words for a moment. "Ah, yeah...eight? Why do you ask?"

"I thought you want to get some sleep while I make breakfast. It's still four. And, you look horrible."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. He took the kindness in his words back in one sentence.

"I appreciate it, thank you." I smiled tightly at him, sitting down next to my bag, folding my arms to cradle my head on the couch arm. "You can sleep in my room if you like. The other bedroom is not prepared yet."

I nodded, getting up slowly as I feel the tire slipping in. I stumbled to his room as he followed me. He opens the door, and unfolds the blanket. It was so neat for a man's room. He looks at me. "Come on, tuck yourself in." He says, and I slip into the warm covers, the soft huh of the pillow was heaven. He ticks the blanket securely around me and turns the lights off. "Don't worry, I'll wake you up at eight."

"Hmm..." I say as I drifted off into sleep.