"That's Beautiful," Naomi said and Beyoncé uttered a 'thank you'

"Are y'all Newlyweds?"

"No, its complicated." Beyoncé answered truthfully. She didn't want to be seen as less than a woman so she would stick to it being complicated in the eye of the elderly.

Naomi and Lonnie laughed knowing exactly what Beyoncé meant by complicated. While Beyoncé and Shawn both looked at each other and frowned.

"What's funny?" Shawn asked.

"We were complicated too," Naomi answered still laughing. Beyoncé looked down a little embarrassed and Naomi stopped laughing.

"No need to be embarrassed baby girl, it's not always a bad thing. Ya know I was just like you years ago until I met Lonnie."

"Really?"

"Yup, and you know being "complicated" is what changed me. Lonnie was so patient with me and loved me for who I was and not what people wanted me to be. He should me a new light that I know I wouldn't have found without him. I wasn't looking for love when I met him but it happened. We come here every year because it reminds us of how our love began. The Bahama Breeze is always nice." She smiled watching as Shawn and Beyoncé sent each other knowing glances every now and then.

"I never would've have guessed."

"No body ever does but it was nice meeting you young people."

"It was nice meeting you too," Beyoncé and Shawn both said.

"Beyoncé right," Lonnie asked before the walked off.

"Yes sir,"she answered and he gestured for her to lean in so her could whisper something to her.

"He's in love with you, take it easy on him when he admits it," he whispered before tapping her arm and reaching for his wife's hand.

( I swear this is how I found out My boyfriend loved me before he actually said it but it was from my granddad. Papa know best 💀💀)

"How do you know?" she called out as the couple continued to walk away. Lonnie slightly turned and use his two fingers to Point to his eyes.

"What did he say?" Shawn asked approaching from behind and wrapping his arm around Beyoncé waist.

"Nothing important," she said turning around in his embrace and kissed his lips. The kiss was slow and passionate but it is didn't last long. Beyoncé pulled away and looked into his eyes.

She saw it. She saw the love in his eyes and she wanted to cry. 'What did I get my self into?' She asked inwardly she wasn't looking for love but clearly it found her.

*

*

*

Shawn and Beyoncé sat on the couch, cuddled up watching a movie. Shawn kept rubbing her arm and looking at her. Beyoncé, had been acting different since they had spoken to the couple and Shawn noticed to.

"Are we still going to the firework show tonight?" Shawn asked her.

"I kinda don't feel well," she lied.