Chapter 1 - At the verge of death

Capter 1 - At the verge of death

It was all over. Everything was coming to an end. He was about to die!

 Dhamharan acknowledged the fact rather complacently.

 He could feel the poison slithering through his body, deadly dangerous as a snake and not second to a tsunami wave in strength and ability to destruct.

Great Lion Prince Dhamharan Singhawansham, eldest son of Kassapathissa Singhawansham of Hirushnaseeha kingdom, who had the reputation of being an exceptionally valiant, unbeatable warrior possessing a true heart of the lions, had fallen.

His breaths were numbered; nothing could be more obvious by the enormous battle he underwent to inhale the next breath.  His right leg, on which the poisoned arrow was hit, was burning like he trust it into the lava of a volcano, that Dhamharan felt that it was rather a miracle to be still alive.

Dhamharan had no fear of death. He would have died in battle, fighting for the last breath like a true lion, in a content and proud heart. But what pricked his royal dignity was his fate that condemned him to die as a beaten dog at the feet of the enemy, bound tightly like a birthday present, by heat proof chains made by crafty technicians of Sambavana nation.

The devilish pain was not easy to ignore, but the Lion Prince struggled hard to get a clue of what was going on around him.

The war prisoners of Hirushnaseeha Kingdom, who were hit by the same poisoned arrows as their prince and were barely alive, were being transported to the enemy camps. Dhamharan was pulled at the lead of all these prisoners who were dumped to the carts like garbage.

Even without the aid of extravagant rhetoric devices for embellishment, Dhamharan could easily delineate his enemy’s delight and pride in their fantastic victory of conquering Seehasuba city, one of the most powerful cities of Hirushnaseeha Kingdom and a strong base of Hirushnaseeha defense. Whatsmore they had the future heir of Hirushnaseeha throne at their mercy too, already at the brink of death.

And even the hellish pain he suffered was not enough to prevent Dhamharan from feeling extremely pathetic! He was a failure. He let his father, brothers and his entire kingdom down!

True, he saved most of his armies by commanding them to retreat and paving them the way of escape. He saved his youngest brother from the poisoned arrow as well by jumping forward and getting hit by the arrow in his place. Hopefully, his assistance opened a way for his little brother to escape safely too. So even though Dhamharan died Hirushnaseeha Kingdom still had three of their princes to lead the war to the victory. Still…

Prince Patavindar, eldest son of Magalokesh, King of Chandrasisi Kingdom, who entered the battlefield recently with a vow of defeating Dhamharan and the city at his command, must be tap dancing in delight now. He would make sure that his cousin Dhamharan would die the most painful and disgraceful death in the history of Dhamchacra planet.

The Lion Prince sighed, which did not do the slightest help to decrease the burning pain. He was sure that even if he gobbled a thousand flames of fire it could not be worse than this.

It made him question, what was this poison?  

This poison was the secret of Chandrasisi armies’ sudden upper hand in this war, which was going on for many years.

These magical poisoned arrows, which worked as if they were directly transported from the center of the hell, made Hirushnaseeha warriors fall to the ground like the trees being cut down. What was the poison that could knock down brave Hirushnaseeha soldiers, who were relatives of the mighty lions?