I Have To Do Something

It had been a few days since I'd seen Paul, or anyone really. I was starting to wonder what was up with everyone and why they were acting weird toward me. My first initial thought had flown straight to Paul; and that maybe he'd been hanging out with that Vanessa girl. And another thought I had was that maybe he had been on patrol for the past couple of nights. I was so concentrated on losing Paul, my reality started to be filled with paranoia, and loneliness instead of coming to obvious conclusion that he was doing his duty as being apart of a pack.

I had also came to the conclusion that I needed to get out of the house, that do something that didn't include anyone else. So I guess it was a day that I would have to myself.

"Bye mom, I'll see you later." I shouted down the hall as I picked up her car keys and made a beeline for the door.

"And where do you think you're going young lady?" I heard the sweet caring voice of my old man, as he popped out of the living room. He had a raised brow as he clocked the keys in my left hand, and my wallet in my right hand.

"Oh, just out to Portland to do a little shopping; you know, me time, girl time." I answered nonchalantly, simply shrugging my shoulders. I wasn't trying to make it obvious that anyone wanted nothing to do with me. If no one wanted to hang out with me, when Paul literally does it every single day, I guess I was going to do something on my own that didn't require company.

... Or it did, I just didn't have anyone that was in a wolf pack, to do it with.

"Oh really, and who's going with you on this little trip?" My mom asked as she entered the hallway, with her hands in a dish towel. "Is Paul going with you?"

"I'm going alone, apparently my company isn't wanted anywhere since the guys are busy with whatever, so I'd thought I'd do a little retail therapy." I answered again swiftly while waving the wallet and keys. I looked in between them both since I did feel unwanted for the past couple days, so I'd thought I try to forget everything Quileute. I mean; I wasn't a native, I wasn't born here, so I wasn't one of them. It was whatever, they could stick to their lives doing whatever it was they were doing, and I would stick to mine, I wasn't mad.

Yes I was.

But something in the back of my mind, was telling me, that I was being irrational. That what the boys, and Paul, were really doing had been taking down the cold ones, and scouting the beautiful scenery that was all of Washington.

Something else was telling me, that Jacob was hanging out with Bella, trying to make her forget about Edward. And that Paul was with Vanessa, erasing me from his mind to make room for her. While Sam and Emily made wedding plans, forgetting to invite me. Quil hanging out with Embry, trying to go out with girls. While Jared hung out with Kim. While Seth went surfing with his new found friends, and while Leah tried to move on from Sam, by seeing a man named Lucas who lived in Forks.

So I should try and do something for myself, like everyone else. And that was attempt at going shopping.

My parents both looked at each other, as if they hadn't noticed I haven't been with Paul for the past couple days. And when they had realized, they both looked at me with sympathy.

"Well alright then, you can go, but I want you to call us when you get there, just so we know that you're safe." My mother noted as she walked me to the door, and sent me on my way as I walked toward the car. I was going to try and do some things on my own, just so when it does come down to the point of when even my best friend ditches me for this new girl. Then I would be prepared, and strong enough to get by.