Poor Jess Was Such A Mess

Poor Jess Was Such a Mess

The rhythmic pounding on both sides of my head was what made me shoot straight up in bed, and doing that, I realized that that too had been a bad idea.

I looked mindlessly along the walls of my room, with eyes squinted, taking in the fact that I had no recollection of ever going to bed. That the last event that happened, had been walking to the car with Paul and the rest had been a blur.

And some things before that too. But I didn't wish to speak on it.

Wincing at the continous pounding, I peeled the comforter off of my body and saw that I had still been in my heels from last night. Peeling those off as well, I rubbed the soles of my feet as I began looking around again, maybe a bottle of water which always came in handy since I always have a pile hidden somewhere.

Spotting one on the floor, I crawled across my bed, and reached out over the edge, slightly having hope that I wasn't going to have get off the bed. But sadly nothing ever seemed to go my way when I was living the irresponsible life.

So after being yet again defeated, I stepped over the footboard and sat my dizzy self on the floor. Crossing my legs over one another, I grabbed the water bottle and twisted off the cap, I took a swig and swished the contents in my mouth for a moment before swallowing.

My mouth tasted gross.

The water bottle had been laying in front of the painting I had started a couple of days ago. The painting I believed I started the night I back handed the taste out of Bella's mouth.

Anyways......

I figured that since my best friend's birthday had been around the corner, that I'd do something special for him. And what else was more special than giving him my heart? It was rare that someone saw my paintings long enough to imprint it in their minds. The only time someone saw them long enough was either at the school's art show, or if someone personally bought one from me.

So I decided to paint Paul on a canvas. Which would be something extremely special because I didn't really paint people I knew, and I didn't paint for just anybody, I would only if it had been an assignment, or if it was being taken by an artist, who would later be hanging my paintings in their gallery. That hadn't happened yet, so as of right at that very moment, it was only for my one and only best friend.

Which was who I needed to go see so I could find out what shenanigans I got myself into. With one steady movement in getting on my feet, I figured that I had gotten into something alright. I never in my life, woke up to a nauseating head pounding. It had always been one or the other, but never both. Which had been another reason I sat back on the floor.

"What the hello?" I whispered softly, in fear, I thought I was going to anger the migraine. So holding the sides of my head, I laid back and tried to get rid of it that way. That didn't seem to work either. I didn't want to get up today, but I also didn't want to stay there on the floor and die all day.

I groaned miserably. I wouldn't know which other wolf boy to call when it came to things like that, since things like this one never happened. I didn't want my parents or Paul lecturing me, Jacob probably wouldn't care if I had been dying. Jared was maybe an option but I didn't know what he could do. For all I knew, he probably didn't feel up to babysitting me too, like he was left to do last night. I knew all about it, everyone knew about it.

So after nearly a half an hour later, I decided that if I took something then I'd be okay, but I had to be strong enough to get up off of the floor and go and get it from the bathroom.

Staggering to get up, I nearly fell over again as the room started to spin. I held my own though as I found things I could hold on to as I made my beeline toward the door. As I passed my vanity, I noticed the giant nest in my hair. The smeared cherry lipstick that had crossed over to my left cheek, my eyeliner had been anything but neat, and there had been mascara clumps lodged in my eyelashes. I was a mess.