Catch Me If You Can (One Direction Fan Fiction)

3 YEARS AGO

"Come find me, Louis," I giggled.

"I'm coming for you, Rae," Louis said and I heard the pitter patter of his feet in the hallway. My breath was picking up and my heart was beating faster and faster as I heard him coming closer.

"You are never going to find me. . . ."

"And what makes you think that?" I hear Louis' soft breath on my ear, whispering behind me. I move behind the couch and duck down, hiding.

"Do you see me yet," I ask playfully.

"Yes," he says with a smile in his words.

Louis comes to me and grabs my waist ,firmly from behind me and he lays his head on my shoulder. "I love you, so much."

"I know." I smile.

"But you're supposed to say that you love me back. . . ." A hurt look was planted on his face.

"I'm only fourteen, I don't know what I feel right now. . . ."

"I'm only fifteen!" Louis pouts and sits down on the couch, pulling me along with him.

"I'm sorry." I look down and a tear slips down my face.

"Awe, Rae, don't cry!"

"I can't help it!"

"Yes you can!'

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Shut up!" We argue playfully and he reaches up and wipes the tear from my cheek and kisses it.

"Better." He smiles and his smile being contagious, I smile back.

All of a sudden, my mom bursts in through the front door drunk. "Um, Louis, I think it's best if you leave."

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll be in your room. I know how this will probably end. . . ."

"Thank you." Louis kisses my cheek softly and makes his way up the stairs.

"You little slut! How could you," My drunk mother accuses me.

"M-mom, I don't know what you're talking about!" I start to back away and my back hits the wall.

She walks forward and slaps me. A slap that is so hard that it breaks my skin and leaves a bruise around the crease of my eye. Tears rush out of my eyes immediately. I don't scream. Usually, it is just a fight, no big deal. This time, it was much more. Something I will never forget.

"I hate you," my mom screams at me.

I run up the stairs and to my room, locking my door. I can hear she is running after me and she reaches the door, banging on it. "Open this door," she roars.

I don't make a sound. I sink to the ground and curl up into a ball. "Baby, what happened," Louis asks.

"N-nothing! I just want to sleep."

"At least let me clean you up. . . ."

Louis walks me to my bathroom and sets me on top of my counter. He grabs a wash cloth and washes it and gently applies it to my cheek. I gasp at the shooting pain. "I'm sorry, Rae!"

Louis finishes dressing my cut and he leads me back to my bed. He slides off my tee- shirt and since I have a tank top underneath, it's no big deal. I slide out of my pants, so I'm lying in my underwear, which I'm used to.

Tonight, I have to leave this place. . . .

"I'll be here with you tonight. I don't want anything to happen," Louis says quietly.

I nod in response and he pulls me to him. We drift off to sleep.

****

I wake up at 4am and slip out of Louis' grip and grab a pen and paper.

I'm sorry I can't tell you in person, but I do love you. . . I'm leaving. By the time you read this, I will be gone. Tell Niall, Zayn, and Liam that I say good bye. I'll miss you all, especially you Louis. Don't wait up for me, I will not be coming back. That is the last time you will see me.

Love,

Rae xoxo