Spending The Night

Mia POV

I didn't how what to think. I didn't know how to feel. I just kept running until I was in a completely different neighborhood. I can never get that year back. I wasted all of that time on him. How dare he cheat on me!? How long had he been cheating on me? I came out of my thoughts as I saw a car down the street and I quickly hid in some bushes so if it was Chad, he wouldn't find me. I jumped into some and peeked out. I looked at the driver and it was a woman. I let out a breath of relief and stood up out of the bushes brushing myself off.

As I brushed myself off I heard a cough and whipped around. This man standing before me was absolutely handsome. He was Caucasian, had green eyes, and dark brown hair. It felt as if I was looking up to a God, literally. He was way taller than me. Not only was his face handsome but his body...oh god. It was a like a finely chiseled statue. I was brought out of my daze as he coughed to get my attention. When I looked up into his eyes, he saw that I had been crying.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I mean...I don't know."

At that moment I saw another car and I panicked. He saw and quickly led me into his house and closed the door.

"Are you hiding from someone? Are you in danger?"

"Yes I am hiding, but I'm not in danger. I came here to visit my boyfr...I mean ex-boyfriend. His mom let me go upstairs to surprise him but I walked in on him fucking another girl. I ran out of the house crying, and now I'm here."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Really I am. My name is Alex. May I ask where your things are?"

"My name is Mia. Nice to meet you. They are back at his house. The only thing I had on me was my purse and phone."

"Nice to meet you as well. Do you have any place to stay?"

"No, I was just planning on just getting a hotel and spending the rest of my money on a ticket back home."

"No!...Uh I mean why don't you just stay here? I have an extra bedroom for friends when they come over, but you can use it until it's time for you to go home."

"Really? I planned on going home in two months. I don't want to be a bother. I can just find a hotel."

"No it's no problem. It's the least I can do."

"Thank y-"

There was a banging on the door and then Chad's voice came through asking for his friend, Alex, to open up. Alex looked over at my afraid face and told me to go hide. I ran upstairs and hid in one of the bedrooms. As I turned around I looked around the room, and assumed it was Alex's. He had pictures of family up, but one picture particular caught my eye. It was one of him and his mom. He was sitting on her lap, pushing her away as she was trying to give him a kiss on the cheek. I laughed as I viewed the picture. I wasn't paying attention and I heard something knock over behind me. I turned around scared, but calmed down when I just saw it was Alex.

"He's gone now."

"Was he looking for me? Did he even care?"

"He said his mom slapped him upside the head and said if he doesn't make it right he was going to have some punishments and then ranted about how his mom could give him 'a grown man' punishments."

I laughed as I remember when his mom told me she would slap him upside the head if he wasn't grateful.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing. He's nothing like his mom or sister now that I think about it."

"Yeah he has his ways. So what's that in your hand?"

I forgot I was holding the picture and quickly put it down. As I set it down he walked over.

"Oh nothing, I was just looking at your pictures. Sorry I intruded."

"No it's okay. Ah you were looking at this one."

"Yeah this one caught my eye out of all of them. The woman is beautiful is she your mother?"

"Yeah it is. She was beautiful wasn't she?"

"Oh...I'm sorry. I didn't know she was-"

"It's okay honestly Mia. She's in a better place and she's watching over me...anyway, let's get you situated. Your room is next door, follow me."

"Okay," I said as I followed him out the door and into another room. He pulled out some sheets for me to make the bed with and some pillows. He also gave me a towel and rag so I could take a shower."

Well, there you go. If you need anything else just let me know."

"Okay."

As he was about to walk out the door I called his name.

"Alex?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"It's no problem, goodnight Mia."

He smiled and closed the door behind him, and I whispered goodnight. I made my bed so after I showered I could get right in. I picked up my towel and rag and went to go find the bathroom. After I did I closed the door not paying attention if it was fully closed or not. I turned on the water and started to undress and got in. I started to get sad again and cried. I didn't know how to feel about everything that happened to me today. All I knew was that I was thankful for Alex letting me stay.

I finally finished in the shower, dried myself off and headed to my room. I stood at my door for a second because I forgot that I didn't have anything to put on. I sighed and walked in. On the bed was a big t-shirt folded up, and a note.

I thought you might need this, or just something to wear. Whenever you feel up to it, we will go get your belongings. Other than that, sweet dreams.

-Alex

I smiled and slipped the huge shirt over my body. It smelled nice and I got into bed. As I laid there, I thought of ways I could show my thanks to Alex. After a while, I fell asleep.