Figures

Mia POV

Sheryl, and Bella, I were all in the car getting to know each other. At first it was awkward, but as time passed we got close.

"So sweetie, are you nervous?"

"Extremely! I'm excited as well. I just want him to be happy when he sees me."

"Oh of course he'll be happy! If he isn't I'll be sure to smack him upside the head."

I laughed. "Thank you for that."

"No problem honey. Now I'm gonna call him to see what he's doing since we are like 15 minutes away, so just be quiet."

I nodded my head and listened to the phone ring, then he picked up.

"Hey sweetie, what are you up to?"

There was some shuffling and laughing between him and another person. I thought the voice was a girl but brushed it off and said to myself that it was just the tv.

"Oh nothing mom, just laying down."

"Okay well we are going to the store do you need anything?"

"No mom, uh, hey I have to go. I'll see you when you get home."

"Oh okay hun. See y-."

Before Sheryl could finish Chad hung up the phone. I got that feeling again that something was wrong but said it was just my nerves getting to me. The rest of the car ride was mostly silent with a few conversations in between.

We arrived at the house and it was beautiful. Wasn't as big as a mansion, but close. Sheryl and Bella helped me gather up my belongings and I followed them into the house. Not only was it beautiful on the outside, but it was also beautiful on the inside. It had five rooms and four and a half baths. They had a humongous flat screen tv mounted on the wall in the living room. The walls were a dark maroon. I could not stop admiring the home. Then I was interrupted by Sheryl's voice.

"Sweetie he's probably upstairs so you may head upstairs and surprise your man."

"Thank you."

I headed up the stairs slowly, looking at all of the childhood pictures I assumed were of Chad and his sister Bella. They both were adorable children. I stopped looking at the pictures and went up the stairs at a faster pace. I got to his door and shook off her nerves and burst through the door.

"Surprise...."

I felt sick. I barged in on Chad having sex with another girl. I heard a voice calling out for me but turned around and ran down the stairs and out the door.