Time for a Change| 64

"Good news, Ms. Carter, you don't have a major concussion and whoever stitched you up did a pretty good job. The wound isn't that deep or long so it shouldn't take long to heel. I'm going to give you some medication to fight infection and for the meantime stay away from any NSAIDS as they may increase the risk of hemorrhaging." Dr. Bowie said.

I nodded as I rubbed my shoulder to hide my discomfort. "After such a traumatic event I recommend you visit a psychologist."

"That won't be necessary. I'll be fine." I said quietly. "Whatever you want. I'm still going to refer you to someone. " He smiled.

"I'll go get the prescription ready for you."

I nodded and he left the room without another word. I pushed myself off of the bed and began to put my clothes back on. I was left alone with my thoughts which were dangerous these days. I'd been in the hospital all night and all I could think about was how I felt when she held that gun to my head. How it felt for her blood to splatter onto my face.

I shook away that thought to keep myself from crying. I had done enough of that last night when I had to recount everything that happened to the police. There was a knock on the door as I pulled my shirt over my head before the door opened slowly.

"Doc said I could come in now," Sebastian said.  I hadn't seen him much since I got to the hospital last night. I couldn't even look him in the eye. He crossed the room and reached out to touch me. Out of reflex from what had happened in the past three days, I flinched away from him.

The sadness on his face when I flinched could make a grown man cry. I hadn't meant to upset him. "I-im sorry. I just-"

"It's okay. I know."

His hand dropped to his side and he took a few steps back. "Ambrose told me that—he told me that Javi-"

"Don't worry about Javier he's fine. He'll need to do some damage control but he's okay."

I sighed in relief and nodded my head. "Do you think they believed it? The cops I mean."

"Of course they did. It was the truth."

Of course, we didn't tell the police every little detail. However, we told them enough to make them believe us. As far as they knew, Julia and Ambrose held me hostage for three million dollars and when something went wrong at the meet she came back to the second location to kill me. Sebastian followed her and when he saw the gun to my head he killed her. That is what happened and that's all they needed to know.

"Do you want to go get something to eat after this?" He asked.

"Not really. Could you please just..take me home?"

"I'll do whatever you want."

Sebastian has Ben drive me home and he stayed to make sure I ate. "Do you want me to stay?"

"I..if you want."'I replied. We finished cleaning up the kitchen and when he went to follow me upstairs I had to stop him. "Could you Um can you sl-sleep in the guest room?" I asked.

He offered me a sad smile as he nodded. "Yeah, yeah, of course, I can."

I nodded gratefully and took the lead up the steps to my bedroom. I took a shower when I got home so I just climbed into my bed somberly. I didn't bother to turn off the lights, I wasn't entirely comfortable sleeping in the dark. Lord knows I wouldn't be able to sleep much. My dreams were far too haunting.

Plus, I felt like I'd slept enough with the number of times I was drugged. I'd lost so much time.

:

I woke up in a cold sweat around 4 am. Id accidentally fell asleep and just as I thought, the nightmares were only more vivid than the ones from the night before. I breathed heavily and attempted to calm myself down when the bile began to rise in my throat. I tossed the blankets aside and ran to the bathroom to let up everything into the toilet.