twenty-six

You were curled up against Jungkook, his arm thrown around the expanse of your collarbones naturally and your head resting on his chest, sending miniscule vibrations up your head as his chest rose and fell with each snore.

It was quiet in the apartment- aside from Seokjin noisily clanging the pans around in the kitchen, that is- and you slowly opened an eye, squinting at the sunlight streaming in from the mini window Jungkook had at the side of the room.

It was always the mornings that you hated the most, and you were half tempted to fall back to sleep when Jungkook's chest rumbled as he promptly choked on his snores, making weird wheezing noises from his mouth. You were about to reach for your phone to capture his comical expression when it buzzed loudly, unexpectedly jolting Jungkook, who's usually dead to the world once he sleeps, awake.

He mumbled something about it's hot and get your phone, his hands reaching up to scratch his neck once, twice before he pushed you away from him abruptly, breaking the otherwise, peaceful morning atmosphere hanging in the room.

You scowled, smacking his chest in retaliation for almost toppling you off his bed with a simple push of his arms (that man's strength is no joke), before grasping your phone with sweaty palms.

Your heart dropped as the notifications appear before your eyes.

Jimin
I'll be waiting outside
(read 8.02am)

Horrified, you clasped your phone to your chest, sneaking a furtive glance at Jungkook, to make sure that he's seen nothing. Luckily, his back was to you, whining softly under his breath as he attempted (and failed) to find a comfortable sleeping position for his body.

To Jimin
What???
(read 8.04am)

Jimin
I'm outside your apartment complex now. I'll send you to work.
(read 8.04am)

The thought of being in a confined with Jimin again was enough to send your mind into overdrive, your heart thudding loudly against your chest. You could almost feel Jimin's fingers ghosting along your arms, his lips skimming up your neck and along your jaw, the memories from yesterday coming back hot and fresh in your head.

You squirmed uneasily, having to ball your hands into fists to prevent your fingers from clawing at your skin again, afraid that Jungkook would question why your arms looked so red and raw if he caught sight of them later.

To Jimin
Jimin... Please don't do this. Both Jungkook and my brother are here, don't cross the line.
(read 8.07am)

Jimin
All I want to do is to fufill my part as your doting husband, is that so hard? ;)
(read 8.07am)

The image of Jimin smirking as he texted you surfaced in your mind, making your head throb in discomfort as anxiety crept up your spine.

To Jimin
I'm begging you, just do me a favor this time.
(read 8.08am)

He didn't reply afterwards, and you sat on the floor quietly, contemplating if taking a last minute medical leave today would help you avoid the inevitable. You knew that one day, the curtain would have to fall and everyone will find out but really, you'd like to drag out this show for as long as you could.

"[Y/N]," Seokjin's voice broke you out of your thoughts, "Aren't you going to get ready? You have to go for work soon."

You blinked, a confused expression crossing your face for a split second before you scrambled to get on your feet like a newborn deer. Seokjin snorted as you almost dropped your phone in the process.