Chapter 8: Crossing My Fingers

Crossing My Fingers(Hopeful)

*All Rights Reserved*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I stepped into the hackney and have him the address to Hunters estate.Yes,estate his parents love to show everyone that they have money.Hunter owns an apartment that he is mostly at but since of the circumstances I bet he's definitely here,since I had a key to his apartment and he -being the lazy man he is- probably didn't change the lock.I quickly thanked the man and gave him five hundred pounds.I waved goodbye to the man I learned his name was actually Jordan.I punched in the code that Hunter gave me for emergencies.I walked to the door which is a ten minute walk with the long driveway,why couldn't I just drove?When I was finally in front of the door,it was opened without me knocking."Master Hunter told me not to let you in under circumstances"Greg said apologetic.I sighed and though

I looked at him with a smile "Then can you bring him here" he looked like he was weighing the pros and cons.Eventually nodded and scurried off.I glanced at my hand to see some blood through the wrap.I pray that this goes by quick,because I need to change the wrap,soon.I checked the time to see it was 2:32 and I knew my mom would freak out if I wasn't there by 5:00.Hopefully that won't happen then I would have two phone calls made about me,and I don't want to explain that to the press,seeing as I still had my natural color in.Its been ten minutes and the blood was about to soak the wrap,when I saw Kathleen walking down a never ending hallway,I shouted "KATHLEEN!"

Her head snapped towards me and she ran to me,full speed,and considering she is the top runner in the whole country,it was fast.She tackled me,but I managed to make sure we didn't fall with my good hand.When she scanned me,she gasped at my leaking wrap. "Follow,now." Her face was set to a determined one with quizzical itched into it too.Soon we were in their mini hospital room,and she ordered me to lay down on the table.I complied seeing as my bandage was

In five minutes she had cleaned my wound,put some stuff on it,and then rewrapped in absolute silence."I'm guessing,your here to get my idiotic brother to listen to what really happened,right love?"Her soft voice asked as we sat on the white plush couch in the living room.

I nodded my head with nerves racking through my body thinking of how different this could turn out than what I hoped."I'm nervous,"I stated after a minute of silence.We started a light conversation but I could feel the tension.

"She is so lucky that Kathleen is here today,"I heard his voice.I heard a a grunt in response showing the annoyance of his company.When he entered the room in a crisp white shirt that showed of his strong build,blue skinny jeans that no doubt hugged his perfect butt,and his black vans that he wears constantly."Hi,"he sounded as if this was our first time meeting.The man next to him looked like he was in his late thirties and was dresses similar to Hunter.I replied with more emotion than him,the same."So are we going to talk or what?"he snapped when he saw that I didn't make a move to talk.I mumbled a sorry.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around Kathy in a hug."Thanks,I owe you"she laughed and squeezed me.

"Excuse my brother,he's on his man period,"I laughed silently."Make sure you don't leave this house without telling him the truth,no matter what,"I nodded and dropped my hands from her back and stepped back.

"I'll try."

I stood in front of him "Can we talk in the library or something?"I said as I felt his penetrating gaze on me.He hummed and turned on his heel and to the stairs.

***

Soon we were in his room.He sat on his bed while I stood by the door."Talk"He barked and I felt like I was in boot camp once again.

"I-I-"I took a deep breath"It wasn't what you thought and I hate to start off like that but it's the truth,"I looked a him just in time to see him roll his eyes "Can you not!"I almost yelled,I knew that this wasn't his real attitude it was him when he was basically forced,to put it nicely he's being a drama queen."Just listen,ok?"He gave me a hesitant nod. "Well Alex decided to pop up on me at McDonalds and I was rambling since I noticed tat well all be spitting up meaning Jess,Alex,and me and he just-just kissed me"I looked at him to see him looking at his fingernails. "You know whatever,if you don't want to know what really happened then I'll just leave,"I grabbed my phone that I put on his oak wood desk.I walked out of his but not before saying the words I wanted to start with "I love you,and I mean in love with you but I'm not sure,so call me when the real Hunter is back"I shut his door and ran,ran from him more than anything.I just wish he would stop and realize the truth.

Running the twenty miles distance between the houses isn't something I ever want to do ever again in my life,ever.My moms college jumper was sticking to me like an tongue on the ice pole stick.I saw a black police Dodge,Didn't think I was gone that long.I stepped into the living room to see my parents on the couch with anxious faces with a serious officer opposite of them."You could arrest me already"I said with a smile seeing as none noticed me.

My parent stood up simultaneously."Violet Mar-Elizabeth Wayne,I want to know why in world why you would fucking punch you best friend"My dad roared,seems like some needs a massage.I smirked 'Looks like someone hasn't been watching E News' my mother stood there with a mad look. But you could see that she was proud by the slight smile on her face,making her seem happy."Young lady,I'm talking to you,"

The smile dropped "You wouldn't understand dad" he gave a look "Fine,you want to know why I fucking punched the asshole,he ruined my life!"I felt like punching or doing something to release my anger.I turned to the officer that had one hand on his side "Take me in before I do something I'll really regret,"

He stalked towards me and cautiously put my hands behind my back the nook put the silver death traps on me.We went out to the car but not before I yelled a bye to my mom and Kat.He pushed my head in the car and slipped into the drivers seat.

Authors Note~*~*~

Double post.Owe you guys.Thank you, ily.❤️