I glanced at his table and truth to be told, half of my team were seated there. I swore under my breath and glared at them as they gave me innocent looks before ignoring me pointedly. ‘Err make yourself at home then,’ I answered him stiffly and groaned inwardly when the other half of his team came over to sit with us. This is brilliant.

What the hell are they trying to do?

Are they trying to start a fight in here?

It was a little strained and tense but it seemed that Blake was pointedly ignoring the obvious as he chatted with his team. I sat swathed between two huge-looking boys and I knew I was feeling faint; I had never been this close with the rugby team. I was afraid something bad might happen, something bad like a fight.

Oh my god, this is so not my day.

‘Hey Allison, my name’s Vincent nice to meet you,’ the burly guy beside me started talking to me, breaking into an easy smile as I stared at him, seeming uncomfortable in their presence. ‘Don’t worry babe we’re not starting a fight or anything, we just wanted to see what it feels like to hang out with you.’

My eyebrows shot up at his words-apparently shocked at his blunt yet calming words. ‘Sure Vincent, so how did you guys manage to switch tables?’ I asked him since I was a little bit curious as to how they manage to think of a way to hang out with the softball team. I mean didn’t they have their ego at stake for talking to the ‘enemy’?

Vincent just laughed which made me more curious than ever.

‘Oh it was easy, it was Abigail who asked us for the trade,’ he replied me with a grin. I had to roll my eyes at his statement, agreeing with him since Abby was the type to initiate something ridiculous just because she wants it to happen. I mean she is the firecracker in our team despite her small size.

‘That’s kind of obvious though,’ I muttered under my breath but I think it was loud enough for the rest to hear since they burst into laughter around me, agreeing at my statement and also at the same time, breaking the tension that has been forming between us during the start of lunch. I felt myself grinning and relaxing amidst their presence despite the fear and the uneasiness that were crawling in my chest simultaneously. I can’t deny the fear, we used to play pranks on each other.

Hanging out casually wasn’t the top things to do in my to-do list. Perhaps it was the last few hundred items in my list currently. It’s hard to just ignore the fact that we used to be enemies for the past four years that I had been studying here in this school and not one day had I ever not tease them or openly criticize them in the halls. This is just plain weird for me.

‘I heard you guys were taken off the competition,’ another boy spoke, the slim and tall yet intelligent-looking one that was seated beside Blake. His eyes were a bright hue, a splash of emerald and specks of blue in them. ‘Is that true? Half of your team getting CWOs?’

I let out a sigh as I stared down at my plate, twirling my fork in-between my fingers absent-mindedly. This dude has to remind me of that. The one thing that I was so mad and ashamed to admit. ‘Yeah it’s true, sad to say we only left with nine members so we had to pull ourselves out,’ I answered him with a frown. ‘The idiot eighteen got what they deserved actually.’