Chapter 16

45 minutes before

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes struggling against the knots and ties. The voice has gone hoarse from me screaming and my hands raw from then rubbing.

I need to calm down and focus my energy on my eyes. I breathe in my mouth and out my nose, trying to relax my muscles. Quickly enough I'm calm and collective. I push the energy I have to my eyes, and stare down at the straps that restrict me.

After a minute of staring at one of the straps it starts to smoke, the fibers start melting, I making my body so the burning liquid doesn't burn me. I repeat this process with the other.

Quickly enough all the straps are broken and I push the overhang off of me. Keeping a calm and collective poise I flip a red switch and the ship opens up to the outside, I couldn't have been in there long. The sky was still hazy with the sunrise and the fighting still continued.

Barrels of smoke fogged the sky. I stepped out of the ship and walked across the dry ground, parts of it splattered with blood.

The fighting was deeper in now, more dense and together. I kept walking not wanting to bring too much attention to myself. Soon I saw everyone, bruised, bloody.... dead.

I could hear the pounding of fists on skin. I looked around a found Peter, his fists were blazing.

I slid down smoothed sheet metal to get to the center. My boots hit the ground quite hard and I felt my ankles pop.

I looked up and see a kid with two knives coming at Storm, I quickly access my powers and flip the knives out of his hands then move on, knowing Storm can handle the rest.

I see Peter run inside a building and I can only guess he's chasing Disem the leader of these shenanigans. I hurry to catch up and prove my worth.

I walk inside inspecting my surroundings careful of what I touched. I hear yells down the hallway, I fast walk to the corner and hide listening to the calls.

"You're petty team won't do anything we are too powerful to be taken down by pathetics." The deep voice said I can only guess it's Disem.

"You'll lose! Evil will always lose!" I hear Peter yell his voice strained.

I duck down and turn around the corner to look at the scene I hear playing out.  I am faced with a pair of polished black boots in front of my face when I turn.

I quickly look up to see a mutant standing there, googles other his eyes and his green skin looks slimy. I act fast and grab his foot and tug as hard as I can. He falls to the ground and kicks my hand, too which I gasp in pain from the power of the kick.

He's up on his feet by the time I've recovered. I look at his boots and melt the soles so he sticks to the ground. The mutant pulled at his shoes trying to get out so I seize the moment. I grab his face and yank it to the side only to hear a sickly crack and then his body thud on the floor. I kick it to the side and go back to see the scene.

As soon as I turn my head a gigantic whirling red fire ball was flying at me. I throw myself on the floor and luckily I dodge it. I step up and go step into the room. Xavier and Jean are talking to Disem. I look around to see Peter stuck on the wall in some sort of webbing.

Peter turns his head and stares at me, his faces channeling anger and fear at the same time. I put a finger to my lips and he nods to me. I slowly slide across the brass metal walls to get to Peter.

Once I'm close enough I duck behind a brass statue, I burn through the webbing and in the circle room he slides down the wall gracefully.