Chapter 1: Little Painter

Start from the beginning

"Honey, stay

"Honey, stay. Do not move an inch from there, alright?" she raises her hand up as an order for him to do just that, even though the dog supposedly doesn't know what she's saying, it stayed still for her.

(Y/N), with her love for this wondrous world of colors, has been blessed to hone such skill as soon as Madelaide had found out. Who would have ever thought that at the age of three, a child would show signs of something that a three year old would impossibly do.

Madelaide was out at the back, washing the freshly picked produce, when she heard some things falling off the floor inside her little home. In fear of what might have happened to the child she'd left inside, the woman rushed in only to see the cloth laid out on the floor, a human baby trapped inside in a fit of giggles as if they had been proud of what they did.

"(Y/N), darling, are you hurt?!" the woman took off the big fabric, seeing the little girl on her arms and legs, spreading a big mess out of a few pigments she kept hidden out of (Y/N)'s reach. The child was too young to possibly understand it's significance, a lesson that she's supposedly going to teach her at an older age.

 The child was too young to possibly understand it's significance, a lesson that she's supposedly going to teach her at an older age

Her hand reaches out to the toddler, but it was softly swatted away to keep space for the mess on the floor. Madelaide tried to understand the gesture and looked down to the mix of colors, her little fingers gliding automatically. Like....she knows what she wants to create.

Little would she've had known that this child, in her three years of age, would be able to make something so... beautiful, as this strange but harmonious pattern splattered on the floor....

 beautiful, as this strange but harmonious pattern splattered on the floor

The woman then looked at her child in astonishment. "A leaf?" Little (y/n) giggled and planted her sticky hands on her mother's cheeks. But the notion was set aside as her mind raced into a million questions with none so logical answers.

With one last stroke, she is done at last! It was magnificent, how the waterfalls seem to reflect in her eyes the more she stared at it. It's more than just green, violet, and blue. It's the colorful and vibrant mixture of all colors blended rightfully for each cutting corners. This child would've never gotten tired painting in all angles of this place.

A strange rustle from the bushes startled her, striking nervousness evident in the her innocent eyes, "Hello?" With no one replying after a couple of seconds, she quickly gathered everything and headed back home with Honey trailing after her figure.

"Goodnight, my darling. Do you want me to resupply the pigments?" Madelaide asks as she warmingly puts her to bed. (Y/N) nods, but a frown reached her vision afterwards. "What's wrong, (Y/N)?"

".....I'm scared," her little hand clutched the blanket near her chin.

"What frightens you?"

After a bit of hesitation, the girl found the courage to reply, "There is a man."

Now Madelaide got even more worried and gently removed her fingers from the child's hair, "What man?"

"The man. In my dream. His eyes are staring at me."

Her mother smiled, relief overtook her worries, "Nothing will hurt you as long as I am here. Be brave. Afterall, a dream is merely a dream. If he stares at you again, turn away and say 'You do not scare me, stranger. Scram!'. Madelaide lunged at her daughter's stomach, tickling her into fits of laughter. When all is calm and taken care of, the mother kisses her child's head, "Now get some sleep. We have another bright day tomorrow."

Before she could leave, she turns around to (Y/N) in a warm gaze, "...I love you."

"I love you, too, mother," she yawns, closing her eyes shut.

With the last light from Madelaide's lamp gone, the moon became her only ally from the darkness, seeping from the small crack of the wooden wall and to her closed eyes. The moon watched as the little girl fall into slumber, not letting any nightmare come haunt her tonight.

Welcome to my Bunnymund fanfiction! I know it won't be as good as any that you've probably read before, but I'll do my best to make it clear and understandable. It was actually a finished book, but my storyline sucked and I decided to redo everything, so here we are. I hope you like it❤️

Oh and a bit of warning, there ARE a lot of mature and triggering moments here, so please bear with me. I'll try and mark those ones with the ⚠️ sign so that you'd know there's an inappropriate scene there. As soon as I get to that part, I'll put one there.