Nine

I pace my room not touching the food that sits on the dresser. I am a prisoner and my only sanctuary isn't here. It's already nine and the window is open ready for him to climb into. I wait walking back and forth. To be honest I am not sure how to feel about all this. So much has happened and I can't explain any of it. Why had he tried to kill me for one thing and how come he wasn't dead. What deal had he made? Was he still working for Amedeo and if he was then cam was in danger.

I find my self becoming dizzy but can't stop as I twirl along the room. What was I going to do? Would I have to live the rest of my life up here in solitude waiting and watching.

I look to the clock, 9:20. Where could he be? A murmured 'shit' comes from the window and I watch as he squeezes through. My heart leaps in joy. He was here finally.
His black trench coat is wet and he shoves it off revealing blood stained clothes. He goes to the bathroom dumping his coat and leather gloves in the bathtub. I follow him questions almost bursting through my forced sealed lips.

"What happened while I was out?" I ask unable to hold it in any longer. He looks to me his violet eyes dangerous.
"Give me one second" he says throwing aside his suit jacket and washing his hands. He unbuttons his dress shirt leaving his muscular body in a thin t shirt.
"Okay I'm done" he says stepping out and closing the bathroom door behind himself. He goes over to the bed and sits down putting his head in his hands.

"Well?" I ask growing impatient and sitting myself down on the bed one leg under the other.
"You passed out, and Amedeo came in to get you he grabbed you and took you away. Then he made a deal with me. He said that if I continued to do his dirty work I would be able to live as long as I give him the kid." I scowl

"Your not going to do it" he turns to me impassively.
"I'll do what I have to do to see you" he says intensely. I scowl
"She's a child. I know you wouldn't let them do that to her" he turns to me his violet eyes swirling with black.

"And let them do it to you"
"Yes!" I scream out frustration settling in.
"No! I won't let them take her if you want. I'll divert from the issue till i can figure a way to kill him" I feel relieved and better that he'll do this for me.

"What about the choking?" He looks away towards the open window and I have a feeling that wasn't part of the plan. He had wanted me gone so that he wouldn't have any leverage held over him.
"Tell me the truth..would you have killed me?" My voice comes out small as I anticipate the answer. Would he have? I wait as he runs his hand through his hair.
"Si" I'm smart enough to know what that means. But why?

"Why?" I ask unable to help the curiosity.
"I'm sorry" it sounded mangled and forced but it came through and I smile knowing how hard those itty bitty words must have been to force out.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I ask hesitantly. But it doesn't take long for him to lift me onto his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and stare into his eyes. Those eyes. Strange. Their color was always weird and unlike anything I had ever seen before.
"I want to kiss you but I'm sure as soon as I will someone will walk in and ruin every taste" my heart races and my palms get sweaty.

"How cliche" I giggle unable to be serious while looking at his serious face.
"What's your favorite color?" I ask shifting my weight onto the bed. He stares at me strangely and begins to think about it.
"Favorite color?" He asks confused.
"Yes like mine is purple" he smirks and I scowl. His eyes were very close to purple.

"I don't like color." I face palm myself. He didn't understand.
"Okay Different question, what is your favorite book?" I bite down on my lip waiting for his answer.
"Systematic government key operations and official psychological development" I stare at him wide eyed. What was wrong with him?