Gift Wrapped

"Here open this one next" Noa beckons as she hands me a small box wrapped in pink and blue striped wrapping paper and a blue bow on top. It was from her I could tell, no one else would have gone through so much trouble as to use glue so that the tape didn't stick out. I giggle and rip the box open. The iPhone 6s box states back at me. She got me a phone. Did she not know?
"Since you stopped keeping in touch I heard you had lost your phone so I got you a new one." She says opening up the box because my numb fingers take too long to move.

I look around my room, were the walls paperthin? Or was it safe to speak.
"Noa there's something I have to tell you" I look for her reaction but it is not what I expected.

" no no drama. Tonight is your birthday! You have a great rich family member who just reached out to you and whatever you can dream of in this room. Please just open the next present. I scowl, they had told her that they were distant cousins or something while I sit here pretending like I'm not a captive.

"Okay sorry" I say letting it drop as she hands me the next box. We had been doing this for hours, sitting and eating with our pjs on and laying in bed. The next box was bigger and in it held a packet of nice lotions and perfumes. This was a present from a house guest most likely.
"Well that was boring" I say tossing the stuff aside, "next" she giggle but then yawns excessively. She was tired I could tell and I loved how she tried her best to stay up but I knew and she knew it was time for bed.

"I'm gonna head to bed okay?" I nod she hugs me tight and heads over to the door leaving me alone with my gift wrap and unnecessary presents. I huff already bored without my best friend. All that was left to do was put the 13 presents left aside and put the 23 I had opened away.
Yes that many presents. So far I had gotten maybe 3 bracelet sets, art supplies, a laptop, 4 sketchbooks, 7 pairs of leggings, a few shirts and some casual dresses. Minus the iPhone 6 and the perfume lotion box.

I get off the bed crinkling up the paper that was all over the bed and throwing it into the bin over by the door.
When I turn around my heart skips and I feel the scream bubbling before the hand lands over my mouth. How had he gotten in here?

"I am going to let go kitten, but if you scream" he did not have to finish his sentence cause I understood perfectly what he meant. He let me go my heart beating heavy in my chest. His eyes leave mine to wonder down and suddenly my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment. When I had said pajamas I meant a tight t shirt and underwear, well at least I wore the nice black ones.

I scoff getting his attention back to my face, "what do you want?" I whisper knowing the whole house is asleep. He smirks with his devilish eye thing and I feel the fury burn.
"Well I came to say happy birthday" he says looking away slightly.

"Oh" that was my only response that I could muster. Honestly my heart was hammering because of how close his body at the moment is to mine. Especially in my underwear, my skin heats up heavily.

"Yes. I came to give you something"
"You shouldn't have" he pulls out a small box, black and thin with a small white bow.
"Yeah you really shouldn't have like dude I already got so many bracelets." I shut my mouth instantly. That was rude and I knew it. His cold look returns as his eyes get darker.
"I'm sorry that was me-"

"No please don't. I see that my gift looks like nothing and probably is nothing compared to what you've gotten already" I scowl. I was an idiot sometimes. Okay all the time.
"No I'm sorry. That stuff is just junk and I" this was the most normal conversation I had ever had with the guy and still I screw it up. He smirks and I frown.
"I was just kidding.. open it" I nod and look down to the small box in my hand. We were so close my hands rubbed against his chest to open the box.

When I lift it open a beautiful diamond necklace stares up at me. It is absolutely gorgeous and probably more expensive than my life combined with my organs. The Diamonds form a pendant that looks like a snow flake with a thin silver chain to hold it.

"May I" I nod and squeal before turning around. When his hand pushed back one side of my hair my heart stopped. Tingles shoot through me as he places the necklace on me from behind his body hugging me as to get it around me. It is clipped and my heart jolts. I don't know what to do. Do I dare to turn around. My body takes that decision as it turns around. Something in his look is different as his eyelashes kiss his cheeks while he looks down. He moves my hair to the side to see the necklace better.

"It's beautiful, thank you" at this point I could not breathe. I have no space and no air. His breathe which smells minty tingles my lips and my gulp is the only sound in the room as he moves my hair back behind my ear.

"What are you still doing awake?" I jump backwards my cheeks flushed and my head pounding. Amedeo had his head stuck in through the door and something on his face told me he had saw and is now suspecting. But his next words surprise me.
"Outside Diavolo now." Diavolo rolls his eyes his cold expression returning.

When they leave my first instinct is to snoop as I listen by the door but what I hear is merely gibberish and Italian so it meant nothing. I scowl before moving to my bed to sit and ponder.

**********************

Morning had not come sooner enough and right after getting dressed and refusing not to take the necklace off I move towards the door all to hear shooting and screams. My heart drops to my stomach as I look around me for a place to hide. Under the bed? No! That's way too obvious. But I don't have time as the door kicks open.

"Grab her" I scowl how cliche.

But I'm not fast or even smart enough before I'm being pulled by my hair to the top of the stairs where we see the living room where guns are pulled everywhere.
"Now. The girl comes with me and all of your men drop their weapons." This man spoke like my ass.

"Mmhm did mamma teach you no English?" The mans deadly scowl was on me in seconds as he beckoned towards someone in the crowd.
"Diavolo come." My heart drops he was working with them?He makes his way forward shoving aside men of Amedeo's and coming to the bottom of the stairs.
"Take the offer"

Diavolo chuckles, "is this your way of bargaining for my help Popov. You do a poor job at it" I look from one to the other my head still grasped by this popov guy. My chuckle just explodes.
"What is funny?"
"Your face" but I stop when I see the gun touch my waist.

"Take the deal Diavolo or I will toss her down the stairs" my heart hammers I'm way too beautiful too die.
"Go ahead..I'm just holding her for money. You kill her, your leverage is gone so free me." I scowl. Was he joking? He was obviously joking.

"If you insist how shall I put it, have her Gift Wrapped!" My heart leaps as I feel the sensation of falling into nothing but smoldering and painful darkness.

**************

When I awake I am in a car with luggages and Diavolo driving.

"Where are we going?"

"On a cruise"