Chapter Thirty Eight

Louis' POV:

Here I was, kneeling on the cold ground, my palms sweaty and my heart beating so fast I felt like I was going into cardiac arrest.

"Will-" I began to ask again.

"Yes!" She basically screamed. I stood up, and picked her up, crushing my mouth against hers. I spun her around, almost falling. I kissed away the rain and tears on her face, insanely happy.

"My Mom's gonna flip!" She squealed as I slid the ring on her finger. She admired the large diamond, and I watched her in joy.

"We'll tell everyone tomorrow." I squeezed her hand, running a thumb over the ring sitting on her thin fingers. 

"You're crazy if you think I'm waiting until tomorrow." She playfully scoffed. I laughed, and held her tight to me as we walked back to the shopping center, and eventually just caught a taxi cab.

She jumped out of the car, and ran into the mall, almost falling and busting her knees.

"Slow down, love." I laughed, chasing her.

"Okay!" She yelled, but went the same pace.

My fiancee  was insane.

Zoe's POV: 

As I ran, I was pulling my phone out.

"Mom! I know you don't wanna talk to me, but Louis just proposed to me and I'm so ridiculously happy." I panted, out of breath as I tripped over a mall bench.

"Congratulations, honey." She said warmly.

"Thank you." I grinned.

"Maybe tomorrow you can bring Honesty over and we can all go out to eat or something?" She suggested.

"Of course, I'd love that." I smiled holding my hurt foot.

"I would say it's too soon, but I guess too soon isn't soon enough when it comes to love, huh?" She laughed.

"Yeah, I guess it would be different I guess if we never got together the first time, not to mention Honesty." I smiled.

"Okay dear, Robert is here so I must go. Goodbye." She hung up. I snapped a picture of the huge ring, and sent it to all of my contacts as a mass text.

LOUIS PROPOSED?! Was Courtney's response.

YOU, ME, LUNCH TOMORROW. Was Haley's. Everybody else just sent a friendly 'congrats'. I smiled as I admired the ring, titling my hand to let the light bounce off of it in different angles. Louis was standing in front of me, smiling.

"The perfect accessory, right?" He chuckled. I beamed up at him, and nodded vigorously. I was engaged. I was engaged! Me! Me! Louis grabbed my hand and softly pulled me up.

In an instant, his lips were attached to mine. Such daring public displays of affection were never Louis' thing, so of course I was caught off guard.

I felt Louis' smile as he waited for me to return my attention to him, which I did fairly quickly. His lips once again began to caress mine, and I giggled when he threaded his fingers in my hair.

His tongue darted out to lick my lips as we pulled away, due to somebody yelling in the distance.

"Louis Tomlinson and PDA? What must've happened while we were gone?" Harry's face held the cocky smirk that Harry could only pull off without looking like a total douchebag.

Perrie's eyes darted over my hand, and she squealed when she saw the heavy ring on my finger.

"I totally thought you were lying!" She slapped Zayn's chest. He chuckled and quickly pecked her lips when she began pouting for not knowing sooner.