Prologue

Prologue: *Written in third person, but the rest will be written in first person Unless I change my mind:)*

Two teenagers lay on a blanket, the sand soft and cold underneath. They held each other as they watched the sun gently lower itself into the water, and the sky slowly turning different shades of orange, red, and pink.

"You know I have to go tomorrow, right?" Louis whispered gently. Zoe tensed up, and she looked down at their intertwined fingers. She felt her eyes brim with bitter tears.

"Louis." She whispered.

"What, Zoe?" Louis whispered.

"Don't, you're only seventeen." She allowed the hurt to seep through her hushed tone.

"Zoe, not this again." He groaned as he sat up.

"Why not?" She sat up as well, her voice now angry.

"Because! I've told you. I need to get started as soon possible, and I don't want you hangin' on my arm, I want you to have a life. I'm no good for you, Zo." His voice softened as he finished his sentence.

"I'm sixteen, Louis. My life will stay the same with you here, or me there!" Zoe exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. Louis stood up, and began walking away, so Zoe scrambled to her feet.

"Louis! Wait! I need to tell you something!" She called, feeling tears slide down her face.

"Zoe. Stop it," He turned on his heel, and looked her in the eyes, no emotion clear in his. "You sound desperate. Go home. Maybe you could go back to America. Goodbye, Zoe."

Louis felt his heart crumbled into a million pieces as he left his first love behind. Probably forever.

The same way Zoe's heart shattered into a million pieces. The way she knew what was going on inside of her, and she wouldn't have him to help her through. She furiously wiped her face as she stomped away, picking up her blanket and guitar as she walked back into her house.

A/N: Cover by PeaceLoveMusic10917 :)