Chapter 24: Kei Valancia

Start from the beginning

"How much of a master are you? Like, peeping behind closed doors kind of good?" I shot her a salacious smile and I swore that she blushed.

"No! Of course not." She mumbled under her breath in embarrassment and I laughed and leaned back.

"I'm just messing with you. I guess I don't need to introduce myself, do I?" she shook her head and smiled.

"Trust me, I think everything living or dead knows your name, or at least has heard a whisper." I sighed upon hearing this and leaned back in the chair.

"Of course," I mumble. "I couldn't even fathom why my name would be known. It's not like I can see the dead. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that I am the princess to the ever elusive fae." By this time, my words had a sarcastic bite to them. Nadia only looked at me with sympathy.

"Not exactly the most discreet life you live," she said in response. I scoffed and tilted my head back, grimacing at the ceiling.

"No kidding."

"Kei?" I jumped and swiftly turned in my chair, relieved to find that it was only Ryker standing in the doorway. "I would ask who you're talking to but I am not sure if I want to know." He looked worried, if not a little freaked out as well. I let out a breathless chuckle and shook my head. I stood and looked over to Nadia, only to find her seat to be empty of nothing but air.

"Uh, she's already air?" Rei had a duh tone to her words. "That's the whole point of being a ghost. You don't have a physical body."

"All right! Save your lecture for later, Einstein." I growled back at her in annoyance and she only snickered.

"It's no one," I say out loud, moving my eyes away from the empty seat to stare at him instead. "I'm just talking to myself. Crazy is the new sexy, by the way." I grinned at him widely, watching his eyes widen a fraction.

"If it makes you feel any better, I think you wear crazy quite well if I say so myself." He gave a little smile and I felt my heart warm up like a smoldering fire. That feeling urged me forward until I was standing right in front of him. I reached up and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck, pulling him closer.

"I'm glad you think so too, King." I smiled as he wrapped his own arms around my waist protectively. I stared into his eyes as he stared into my own, both of us momentarily getting lost in each other's universes. I will never be sure of what he sees in mine, but what I see in him could never be beat, I did not care what anybody else would say.

"You are so lovely," he whispered. "Sometimes it almost feels like my heart hurts knowing that you are mine and mine alone."

"Wow, I'm so hot that I give you heartburn? Man, that's a whole new level for me," I teased him, letting my fingers comb through his hair at the nape of his neck. "I feel honored."

"I'm trying to be sweet here," he pouted playfully. I laughed lightly and gave him a bear hug.

"I know, and I love it." He let out a chortle and responded by wrapping his arms around me tightly before lifting me up. "Put me down Ryker!" I squealed.

"Make me," he challenged.

"Please, don't." Both of our heads turned towards the doorway to see Titus leaning casually against the doorframe, his expression unamused. "I don't need that image to be imprinted in my brain so I would kindly suggest that you stopped with whatever you are doing."

"Okay Grandpa, we'll tone it down just for you." I winked at him while he gave a grunt in disgust in return.

"Don't mistake me as your mate," he retorted back.