Chapter 7: Leon Grayson

"This is truly unexpected," I clucked my tongue in dismay. "So our little Queen can see the dead. This can become troublesome in the future." A frown cut severe lines on my face, my plan already getting a hitch.

I watched as the man before me bent his head down in a bow. This man was not the same one as before, however, but instead was a boy at the age of sixteen. Yet, he had the skills and that could rival any century-year-old wolf.

"My lord, I do have something else that needs your attention." His voice was the only thing to display his true age, a slightly higher pitch that was not regular for a grown man but was still in the process of deepening.

"What else?" I sighed while leaning back on the couch.

"It seems Alpha Hale is on our trail. He had managed to capture one of our men and he had told him some of our whereabouts," the boy kept his head lowered, his light hair glinting from the candle's flame. "Not only that, but he has made contact with Alpha Dare."

This had done it. My temper flared and I raised my fist only to bring it down to the table, the expensive wood splintering under my tightened hand.

"So it seems the plan is going to be a little rushed. Get everything packed up and ready to move. We are going to go to the next location for now."

"Yes, my lord." The boy stood and left without a word after that and I sat fuming.

"You didn't think that the plan would go smoothly, did you?" Killian's tone of voice was that of a sneer.

"No, but it's already becoming a headache," I bit back.

"That's what you get for choosing the woman who is mated with the Alpha King."

"She is ours," I snarled. Killian simply chuckled at my response.

"I am just as insane as you as I feel the same way, but at least I am aware of it." He sounded almost defeated.

"Insanity is not the act of being aware, but to be oblivious to the obvious."

I leaned back against the couch to regain my composure.

"If I am truly insane, then I will welcome it with open arms, " I said savagely into the empty room. "We are the only ones that know what she feels. We understand her pain."

"We understand nothing, Leon. But I will not argue anymore, for your mind is no longer retrievable from the fingers of insanity."

"Finally Killian, you understand. I am a lost cause, but you still have hope for the better." I stood and began straightening my shirt. "But the question here is, how long will you last?"

"And that's what I fear the most. May the goddess protect Kei from us."

"Really Killian. I can't wait until you finally break. This side of you is so dull," I drawled, looking down at the silver watch on my wrist. "Well look at that. Where had the time gone? We must get started or everything will have been ruined before it has even begun." I walked out ignoring the ruined table and whistled a cheerful tune, feeling the darkness in my mind swirl happily.

To be crazy means that you get to do whatever you want and still have an excuse as to why you do it.

Because being crazy meant you get to have a lot more fun.

I grinned and shut the door behind me with a final click.