17.

Aubrey

BANG. 

     BANG. 

BANG.

"OPEN UP, IT'S THE POLICE."

Chris and I woke up startled out of our sleep as the banging continued on his front door. I looked around seeing that we were in his living room with clothes scattered all over the floor and two wine glasses, one empty and the other half full sitting on the counter.  We both looked at each other and our eyes widened.

"1 MINUTE TO OPEN THIS DOOR OR WE'RE COMING IN." A strong voice yelled. "Fuck." We both gasped under our breath realizing that we were both naked.  "shit shit shit." I heard Chris say reaching over for his shorts on the floor. I quickly grabbed my dress seeing that it was literally torn, so i sighed and grabbed one of his dress shirts that was laying on the arm rest. 

"What the hell are they here for?" Chris breathed stumbling to get up and buckled up his pants.

"Your guess is just as good as mine- where are my panties??" I semi yelled in frustration pulling the blanket back that we had over us before. 

"10 SECONDS."

"HOLD UP BRUH." Chris yelled running to his closet and tossed a clean pair of his boxers at me. I grabbed them and quickly put them, yanking the covers back up on me and fixed myself up on the couch. I know what ya'll are thinking, and trust me, it IS what it looks like, But we'll reminisce to what happened last night later. The banging continued and he nearly tripped over his shoes as i quickly fixed my hair. He swung the door open seeing that they were in the process of breaking it down. Officer Banks pushed between his men, walking into the house and called them off. Another officer walked in that I haven't seen before. Talk about a grand entrance. He stood there staring at us in silence for awhile with a slight grin on his face. He look around seeing the mess we made and then cleared his throat. 

"We're going to need you two down at the station." He said looking at me the process of speaking. 

"For what?" Chris spat following his gaze. I gulped.

"We can't talk about it here. I'll tell you when we get to the station. We need to move now." He said moving his gaze over at Chris. "We'll be down in 30 minutes." Chris then nodded his head upstairs signaling to me that there was stuff up there that I could use. With the blanket wrapped around me, I quickly headed up there, stopping halfway to listen to their conversation.

"What the hell you doing bringing the whole team at my door like I'm wanted or some shit?" I heard Chris say. His voice was more aggressive and his tone was much deeper. I sat on the steps quietly to listen more. 

"Oh relax, you act like I brought the national guard out here." Officer Banks said nonchalantly.  Chris rolled his eyes. 

"You might as well had and don't look at her like that. She's not interested."

"I'm just looking, not touching." Officer Banks teased and then winked. While Chris put on his shirt, like a third instinct, Officer Banks looks up the stairway and stared right at me from the steps. I paused and then hopped up and ran up the rest of the stairs to the bathroom, shutting it behind me.

 I paused and then hopped up and ran up the rest of the stairs to the bathroom, shutting it behind me