The Loving Dead

I'm hiding behind the tree, hoping Fred wouldn't find me, we were playing hide 'n' seek.

"Lizzy, come out come out where ever you are." He spoke slowly and softly, so he could still hear me breathing or if I was going to move he would hear the stick break since we were in the forest. I stood there as still as a cement and held my breath for about a minute when I couldn't hold it any longer I breathed out very slowly, then took a deep breath in (successfully). When all of a sudden I was cramping up from standing still too long and I fell on the ground when Fred tackled me into a pile of leaves. He started to tickle me when we heard my mum calling our names.

"Fredric, Elizabeth come inside please." Now because my house was literally in the forest we didn't have to walk far before we got to the house. I had invited Fred over for my 11th birthday; my mum said I could only invite one person, so because Fred was my best friend I choose him.

"Coming Mother" I replied.

We found our way back home and sat down on the beanbag chairs in my room. We talked for a while and then my mother called us down for dinner. We didn't hear her the first time so she sent my little brother George up to get us. We made our way down to the kitchen and something smelt good.

"Hey mum, that smells good, what is it?" I asked

"It's steak but it's for your father and I, Your food is on the table." She replied. I looked over and there were some party pies, and mini sausage rolls. I guess George Fred and I are eating at the table alone... Again, we are used to it by now. Mum and dad always eat in the lounge and leave us here, but we have fun talking about things.

"So what did you guys get up to today?" Asked George with curiosity. I swear someday his curious little mind is going to get him killed.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I replied, he got a little annoyed and Fred could see it too.

"Don't worry George she's just stirring you, we played Tag and hide 'n' seek for a while."Fred explained

"Grr, you played hide 'n' seek without me!" George scolded.

"You always complain about counting or being found to early plus you always give away where you are hiding, you aren't supposed to give hints as to where you are, you are supposed to hide and stay quiet" I told him, without realising that I had yelled at him and told him off. He began to cry and stomp off to his room. George just looked at me like I was a monster.

"I got to go fix this up I'm sorry, stay here and eat your pie!"