Shot (Peter Parker)

Request- sammy_a2004

How about a dark one in which she gets shot and barely makes it, & a few months later Peter breaks up with her cuz he want to protect her (but then they work it out ya know)

The hospital doors burst open and hit against the wall. Y/n laid on a gurney with Peter holding her hand as tears streamed down his face. "We need to get her to the examination room, stat!" A doctor said guiding the gurney towards the room.

Peter still held her hand, "Sir, you have to stay out here!" Another doctor said and Peter let go of her hand and put his hands on top of his head. He brought his hands down and looked at them. Dry blood covered them and it only gave Peter an uneasy feeling looking at them. He went into the bathroom to wash them off.

More tears came down his cheeks as he rubbed the blood off. The blood went down the drain and Peter looked in the mirror at himself. He had a few cuts and bruises on his face but nothing major.

He went out into the waiting room and sat down. Y/n's parents came rushing through the door and went over to Peter. "What happened?! Where is she!" Y/n's father yelled into Peter's face. "She got shot in her stomach by Sandman, Spider-Man tried to save her but he couldn't." Peter said looking down as he could still hear her screams in his head.

"It's your fault! This always happens when she's around you! All you do is put her in danger, first it was the bruises next a broken arm. Now it's this!" Y/n's mother yelled to Peter and all he could do was believe every word.

The doctors kept walking past Peter and Y/n's parents, none of them had the latest report on Y/n's condition.

After about 2 hours, A doctor approached Peter and Y/n's parents. "Y/n is in stable condition. We removed the bullet, all she needs is some rest and hopefully a speedy recovery." He says smiling and Peter let out a sigh of relief at the news. "Can we see her?" Her parents asked the doctor as they held on to each other.

"Of course, she's just a little drowsy." He stated and guided Y/n's parents to her room. Peter decided to see her after her parents were done.

After 30 minutes her parents left the room, "She's asking for you." Y/n's mother said. Peter got up and headed to her room.

He walked in and Y/n laid there eyes slightly open and her face pale. "Hey..." she said smiling a little. He walked towards her and pulled up a chair beside the bed. He held her hand and smiled down at her. "I thought I was gonna lose you." He said tears welling up a little in his eyes.

She gave him a sweet smile, "I would never leave you." She said. He gave her hand a squeeze. They then talked a bit about Sandman and how Peter was going to put him in jail for what he did.

-2 months later-

"Peter!" Y/n whined as she sat on the couch and Peter was in the kitchen. "I'm coming!" He yelled back. He came into the living room and handed her the coffee. "Thank you." She said sweetly and sipped from it. She had been still been on a little bit of bed rest since she got shot.

All Peter would feel was regret and guilt as he looked at her. He also couldn't get the words that Y/n's mother spoke to him out of his head either. "Y/n I think we need to talk." He said seriously and she placed her coffee mug on the table. She smiled at him and he sighed at the face she gave him.

"I think we need to take a break...." Peter said avoiding her eye contact. "What! Why?" She said shocked at his words. "I just need some space." He said lying through his teeth. "Peter be honest with me, what is the real reason?" She said her voice quavering a little.

He couldn't look at her face because he knew she was about to cry. "I just feel like I can't protect you." He said sighing and closing his eyes to stop his tears. He felt the couch move a little and hands on his cheeks. "Open your eyes." She said, he opened his eyes and she was looking him deep in his eyes. "Peter, I'm not going anywhere. Even if you think you can't protect me, just know that you protect me every day." She said smiling at him. He smiled back at her.

"I love you." He said and she leaned in and put their lips together. They moved perfectly together and she pulled apart, "I love you too."