"It's a wonderful thing," Elijah murmured as he looked at Hayley's lips.

"Is it?" Hayley asked softly. She ran her finger along Elijah's jaw and exhaled gently. "Elijah...I'm sorry for how things turned out."

"You know I'll always love you,"

"I know," Hayley smiled. "And I love you too, but I need to put Hope first."

"Even though she's been...rooting for us?" Elijah asked.

Hayley's eyes were wide in surprise.

"She has?"

Elijah nodded.

"I thought she hated the thought of her uncle and mother together."

"It was your subconscious thoughts that hated the idea of you and I." Elijah said as he stepped away from Hayley, "not Hope. It's you."

Feeling hurt, Hayley looked down before she walked over to Elijah. Taking his face in her hands, Hayley kissed him softly.

"I've wanted to do that for years now," Hayley whispered.

"Ever since Hope was an infant," Elijah breathed.

Hayley smiled as Elijah pulled her closer.

Back at the bar, Lucy and Hope sat in silence.

"You cannot be serious." Lucy spoke at last.

"Lucy, not you too. Please..." Hope whispered as she massaged her temples. "God damn it, this headache won't leave me alone."

"Here, let me help you." Lucy put her fingers around Hope's wrists and inhaled before she started whispering.

"Um..." Emma was standing there, looking confused.

Hope and Lucy opened their eyes and looked up at the barmaid.

"Yes?" Hope smiled.

"That man over there bought this drink for you."

"Aw, thanks." Lucy smirked as she reached for it.

But Emma yanked it away.

"Sorry, it's not for you. It's for Hope."

"Oh?" Hope smiled as she craned her neck. "Where? I can't see him."

"There," Emma nodded.

Lucy rolled her eyes as she looked at Hope.

"Still getting men's attention everywhere you go?"

Hope winked as she looked for the man among a sea of people at the bar. One by one, the people dispelled and Hope looked at the man. He turned around and waved. Feeling her blood run cold, Hope stood up and ran out.

"Did I say something?" Emma asked anxiously.

"No, no," Lucy smiled, "It wasn't you." Grabbing her jacket, Lucy ran after her friend.

At the bar, Tristan smirked as Emma approached him.

"She didn't want it."

"Well, I gathered that, funnily enough," Tristan murmured as he ran his thumb and forefinger along the rim of his glass. "So," Tristan looked into Emma's eyes, "that promise you made...what was it again, my love?"

"To kill myself in front of Hope Mikaelson." Emma murmured.

"And when will you do that?" Tristan asked.

"When she is with her family."

"Good," Tristan smiled. "Now, I need a real drink." Tristan looked around before be stood up and walked out of the bar. A few seconds later, a compelled Emma followed him.

A few miles away, Hope was on top of a skyscraper, her hands resting on the railing. The ferocious wind whipped through her hair. Keeping her eyes closed, Hope was tempted to let go of the failing and few fall a few hundred feet. She knew she would survive.