Chapter Five:

Previously on His Last Hope:

*after 20 minutes*

Feeling sick to the pit of her stomach, Hope walked along the neat rows.

"I'm sorry."

Hope sighed as she stood in front of two graves.

"I've missed you, Jackson," Hope smiled as a tear fell. She placed a red rose on the weathered grave and looked to the left to see another grave. "Hi, auntie Cami. I'm back." Sighing, Hope sat between the graves and wiped her tears away. "God, I'm so sorry you two lost your lives to protect me. Dad and I made up. But I don't know. How can I forgive my Dad for killing Toby? He knew how much I liked Toby. I just feel so conflicted." Hope sniffed as she put her hands on each of the graves. I wish you two were here, you'd help me so much. I don't know what to do. Maybe it was a mistake even thinking of coming back to New Orleans."

In the distance, Klaus watched his daughter and a tear fell.

********
Chapter Five:

Sniffling, Hope chuckled quietly.

"I haven't cried in years and all of a sudden, I'm in tears. I'm so pathetic."

Looking at Jackson's weathered grave, she sighed.

"I hate how things turned out. Tristan killed you to spite my mother. My mother had chosen you, she married you but...that son of a bitch killed you." Wiping her tears away, Hope shook in anger. "You were supposed to be my father. You were my father. Well, my step-father, but you were amazing, Jackson. You honestly were."

Turning to Cami's grave, another tear fell.

"Oh, Cami, you weren't supposed to be killed. You, the sweetest and kindest soul I ever met, you shouldn't have been taken from us."

Putting her head in her lap, Hope closed her eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

Some distance away, Klaus watched his only child with a heavy heart. He contemplated going there when he caught a sudden movement from the corner of his eyes.

Growling, he sped after them.

Hope looked around the graveyard, unsure if she heard something. Shaking her head, she decided to stay there.

In the town square, Aiden was on the phone.

"Yes, I know. I miss you too, baby. I love you." Aiden looked around. "Yeah, I won't be able to talk as much because I'm busy. Okay, I'll talk to you soon. Love you." He cut the call off and sighed before getting up.

At the Original mansion, Hayley, Marcel and Rebekah were talking when Kol walked in.

"Don't stop on my account." Kol smirked. Seeing that the others were serious, he frowned. "What's happened? Why the long faces?"

"Hope's boyfriend, there's...something off about him." Marcel scowled.

"Like what?" Kol asked.

"He isn't who he says he is." Rebekah held up her phone and Kol looked at it before his eyes widened.

"Does Hope know?"