Chapter 1- Arriving in Chicago

~2064~

"Run. Run. Run. RUN." Seth shouts at me and I hesitate.

"Riley, you gotta do it. For me. JUST GO. "

With tears in my eyes I turn to take one last look at his face, and the last thing I remember is his messed up sandy brown hair and his icy blue eyes frantic. Then I jump into the dust cloud and fall...fall...fall...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~2014~

Man, Chicago is different. I turn my head towards the sun and gaze up at what used to be -- or, will be -- the TTT. (Telecommunications Time Tower) I look at the sign in front of the building and see that it says Willis Tower. Huh. Well that's interesting. I wonder what else is new -- Or, old.

Ugh, this is getting confusing. The last thing I remember is seeing Seth's panicking face through my teary vision and me heroically jumping off a cliff... NOT. That was not heroic at all, considering I have no idea what to do now that I'm here. So basically now I'm lost 50 years ago- which sounds weird- without anyone I know and no plans.

You see, I was born and raised in the "SAVE" generation. When I was born, the world was on the brink of falling, and all the children born in that era were basically just hope for the older generations that we would somehow find a solution to all their problems and "SAVE" them. Well guess what? We have no idea what to do.

I am jerked out of my thoughts by a loud group of teenage girls wearing such bright clothing it gives me a headache. Ughwhat kind of fashion style was there in 2014?? Our fashion right now -- er, in 2064 -- is kind of "going back" to more natural colors and styles. I guess after the TR happened everyone was sick of technology and decided we should go back to much simpler times.

So, yeah that's not exactly what the people here are thinking. (Ahem, I guess NEON NEON NEON is the theme of 2014... ) Seeing those girls makes me think of my best friends Zaira and Faith. I wonder what they are doing right now...... Probably not lost in Chicago back in 2014.....

Anyway, I make my way into the TTT -- or, "Willis Tower" -- to try and get some kind of information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok well this is my first book I have ever written on Wattpad, so hopefully if anyone ever reads it they like it! :) Vote and comment your thoughts if you read this!