I Miss You Asshole.

Prologue

It was one of those hot, scorching days of the year.

You know the ones where you sit in your house with the windows down 'cause your AC's broke, and you're too lazy to fix it? And you lay on the floor in nothing but your heart boxers and tank top? Your hair is tied loosely in a bun so it won't block air from getting to your face. And yes, it is summer break.

Damn.

I happened to be one of those people. Excuse me, one of those teen-aged people - precisely seventeen and 3 quarters. I'm going back to Brinch High School back in the fall to complete my senior year, again.

Now here comes the part on why I failed my senior year.

Well, it's a long ass story. And some people like the short version, and some, the long. So I'll tell the first one short, and the other side will complete your imaginations.

Picture this: I'm seventeen, naive as hell, and just starting out at a new school.

Now picture this: I with long, wavy brown hair, all tied in a bun, hazy hazel eyes, and at shorts length, still.

I'm currently sitting on my bed upside down. The windows are open, the curtains are drawn, yet there's no breeze.

My tank was pulled up to reveal my shiny belly, with an even shinier belly ring. The belly ring is a tiny, pink and green butterfly. It was small, yet cute. Asshole got it for me.

I remember it like it was yesterday. We were fooling around after school one Friday afternoon. Correction: At his house, on the bed, half-naked. He lifted my shirt and discovered my flat stomach with zero piercings.

A glimmer of the past went over me.

He said, "If you're gonna be my girlfriend, you're gonna need a belly ring."

I frowned at him, saying, "Why do I need to be proved worthy by getting an insignificant little belly ring?"

He smirked wickedly. He had tricks up his sleeves. Always seemed to throw you off.

"It doesn't," He replied smoothly. "You'll just look really hot with one." I blushed. Damn that blush. And damn his half-grin that always seemed to knock the breath out of me.

"Which one do you want?" He leaned over the counter, studying each one carefully. I on the other hand, looked up in surprise. I wasn't paying attention. Never was.

"Um, I dunno...I don't see any I want...really," I said briskly. I was admiring the nice day outside, while we're engulfed by black wallpaper and fluorescent lights.

"How 'bout this one?" the lady behind the counter pointed at a tiny pyramid that had, obviously, been used.

"Which one do you want?" His intense green eyes punctured holes into my face.

The only way we were leaving is if I pick one. "This one." I hurriedly picked the tiny butterfly. He grinned, pleased by my decision. "We'll take it."

On our way out, the register girl asked, "Are you sure you can put that on yourself?"

"Trust me," Asshole called over his shoulder. "I can do this."

I shuddered. Asshole.

If you haven't noted it, this asshole was my boyfriend - EX-boyfriend now. If you haven't guessed it yet, he was an asshole. Well, not preferably through the relationship. In my mind, I couldn't see through his bullshit. I didn't get why I was so special - 'cause I wasn't.

Now I lay upside down on my bed, the blood rushing to my brain, and my limbs going slack. My heart beats for him - and his stupid ass only. Why couldn't I see through the bullshit, and save the trouble?

I remember. I was naive. I was stupid. I was only just starting out...

THUMP!

The thump was so powerful; I rolled all the way on the ground. The house is settling. Or maybe my brothers, Evan and Zach, threw the wii remote at the ceiling again.

And then, it's dead quiet. My senses kick in. But I hear nothing.

As usual. My shoulders relax. I can feel my blood slowly start to flow throughout my body. It was a nice sensation. Like a guy tracing his fingers all over your body...

My head knocked onto my bed post in a dreamy haze.

That's it. He fucked up, so why am I the one who's paying for it? After that day...I was a mess in tears. He kept saying, "I didn't mean for this to happen," and, "We shouldn't have gone farther than we did."

Not once did he say he was sorry, nor saying it's his fault.

That's just how he worked, those kind works- assholes. They're everywhere. And sometimes, it can either be a blessing or curse to be dethroned by one.

He turned my life into a swirling black hole, brewing on the surface of a mental break down.

Damn you, asshole.

I bet you're just dying to know what this asshole's name is and what exactly happened between me and him. Well... I'll explain later.

Right now, I'm on all fours. Its dead quiet in the house. And there was a thump that made me fall.

I stand up slowly, pulling my hair out of my face. It really is too fucking long. I stomped over to my dresser and studied the person looking back at me in the mirror.

Her hair was tangled, her eyes were borderline tired, and her face was pasty from not going outside in a while. So what? I liked my house.

Plus, when I do go outside, I get reminded by him.

We did a lot of things outside - a lot of mischievous things. Other things were...kinky, but whatever. It's all in the past. Almost seven months ago. It happened when I first moved here. And it was down hill from there.

So why did I keep bringing it up, if I'm trying to forget it? We all know the answer to that question...

I miss that fucker. I miss that fuckin' asshole.

My head snapped to my phone. It was right there...sitting lonely... It was begging me to text him. Tell him how much I miss him, but I also want him to burn in hell.

I could text him saying: I miss you. And we can start the whole process over. Or, I can finish my senior year in the fall, go to college out of state, and never see that sexy face ever again. We all know option one is a no-brainer.

My fingers tingled in anticipation.

I bounded over there. I snatched it up. I scrolled down to the L's and touched the "send message". All the old messages came racking in. I seethed angrily. Why did he do it?

I typed in four crude words, and without thinking, hit send.

I miss you, asshole.