Family Friend or Family Foe?

Start from the beginning

"Is Katie with you?"

"Yes, she is. Oh here she is now." The voice, known as Leeann says.

"Hayden? Luna Haley? What are you guys doing here?" Oh, you know. Hunting elephants!

Baby? Hayden says through our mindlink.

What?

Where are you?

The next aisle over. I tell him. There's no point in lie, he can probably smell me.

"Hayden. It's been awhile. We should catch up some time."

Catch up my ass.

She is just an old friend.

A old friend that wants to be more than friends? I ask, our link go silent. That's what I thought. I tell him and then block him out.

"Yeah, I guess." Hayden says, but then he does something I never thought he would. "I would have to check with my mate."

"Mate?" the girl squeaks.

"Yeah, my mate. As in my one and only. My everything. My mother of my future children, my wife. Sound familiar?" He asks.

"You found you mate? That's great! Ain't that great Katie!" Leeann says.

"Yeah, mom, it is." She says slowly.

"So when do we get to meet this girl?"

"Right now." Hayden says and then next thing I know, I am being dragged over to them. I scowl at Hayden. He just smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Babe, this is our family friends, Leeann and Katie." Hayden says and points to them. I look at them, Leeann has brown hair that goes to her shoulders. She is average height, and looks about 40.

Katie, looks like her mom, but will long brown hair that goes down to her chest. She is glaring at me.

I stick my hand out and introduce myself.

"I'm JJ." I say.

"Leeann, and this is my daughter Katie."

"Nice to meet you." I say.

"So, you are Hayden's mate?"

"Yes, I am. And his wife." I say and they look at my ring.

"Whoa, that's huge."

"Thanks?" I says. Hayden is rubbing my back, and calming me down.

"So how is Tate?" Katie asks, changing the subject. Can't have one brother go for the other, smart.

"He's good, but I haven't seen him much these past few weeks." Haley says.

"See, and I told him that he should see you more." I point out. Haley smiles.

"Why is he so busy?" Leeann asks.

"These two would know more than I." Haley says and points to me and Hayden.

"He is under a lot of stress." Hayden says. "We both can feel it." Hayden says, meaning himself and I.