Chapter 4

We were halfway into tour & I became so close with everyone especially Riker! We shared a lot together. 

It was the end of the night & another great show on tour. I was having a blast & I couldn’t ask for anything better. Seeing as how me & Riker were the oldest we decided to go out that night after the show for some drinks. We were in Nashville & had heard about the nightlife. We were stoked! 

"So what do you think Rydel?"-I asked about my outfit. I wore a black tight hugging dress with a jean jacket & boots with a ruffled socks & my hair down in waves. "Cute you look hot! But here’s something to really top it off!"- Rydel said. She put some cute bracelets & rings on me. "Thanks delly! You never know who you could meet!"- I said. "Oh really, if I didn’t know any better I would say you & Riker are going on a date!"- she said with a smirk on her face. "Dell you know I love your brother like a brother. Plus he would never look at me like that."- I said. "J you are either blind or I’m crazy. But he looks at you like he’s crazy about you. He’s never opened up to someone like he does with you." Rydel said. "He doesn’t, & if he does then I’m blind to it. But look nothing could ever happen. Trust me. I’m all business & were friends so we hang. Plus your not 21 yet & when you are we can all hang."- I said. " your in denial J. Well have fun& keep me posted"- she said. Then I heard a knock on out hotel room door. Rydel opened it & said "hey bro!". They hugged & he came in. "Hey Riker!"- I said. He stared at me in aww. Could Rydel be right? "Hey J! You look great!"- he said. "Thanks!"- I said. "Well we better go, goodnight Rydel!"- he said. "Have fun you crazy kids! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!"- Rydel said. Like make it more awkward. "Goodnight Rydel!"- we both said. 

We called a cab & drove to the nightlife of Nashville. We pulled up to some bars & had a couple drinks & just had a blast. I didn’t want to admit it but when I was with him it’s like time stopped. I couldn’t explain it. Here and there we ran into some fans but it was a couple pics. Later on in the night we stopped by to a burger joint. All those drinks make you hungry. We sat down & just talked as we ate. “So J what’s the real reason an awesome chick like you doesn’t have a guy in her life?”- he asked. “Well if you have to know…I’m not sure. I mean it’s not like I haven’t tried, but guys just don’t seem to like me.”- I said. “That’s impossible. Your gorgeous, determined, responsible, & easy to talk to. What’s not to love?”-riker said. I was blushing. Like did he really think that about me? Me out of all people. “Look in high school I was never that “it” girl and I wasn’t asked out. In college I was determined but I don’t know I guess some guys are intimated by my hard work. I just need someone who has a passion for what they do like I do.”- I said. “Well don’t worry any guy would be lucky to have you. Just be patient”- he said. “Easy for you to say. You could have any girl you want.”- I said. “That maybe true but doesn’t mean I want them. There’s only one person I want.”- he said. He was staring straight at me and my heart was pounding. “I want—-” he said. He was about to say something and then none other than Kayla shows up. “Riker?”- Kayla said. “Hey Kayla!”- he said. His face lit up. “Give me one sec let me just talk to her real quick.”- he said. I nodded ok. But inside I was mad. Was he going to tell me something, what did he want?? 

While Riker was talking to her one if Kayla’s snotty friends sat down. “Hey Morgan,”-I said. & I was being nice but not happy. “One tip J, watch yourself because Kayla is a snake.” She said. “What?!?”- I said. “Look just because I’m friends with her doesn’t mean I don’t know how evil she is. You were always a threat & she’ll do anything to get Riker back!”- Morgan said. “Well I’m fine & can watch myself, but didn’t she cheat on him?”- I said. “Is that what he told you?-” Morgan said. “Wait what are you talking about?”- I said. “She didn’t cheat on him, he broke up with her. Because of you!” She said. “Wait what?!?!”- I said. “Yes J. Look he said there was someone else & it’s only clear to assume you since your the second person he spends most of his time with. Look J, I truly believe he is in love with you. But just be careful because Kayla will stop at nothing to break you apart.”- she said. I was in shock. Why would Riker lie to me? “Thanks Morgan”- I said. “Don’t sweat it, you know I’m not evil like Kayla. & good luck!”- she said. She left & Riker was walking back. I just looked at him & started walking away. 

"J!!! Where are you going?"- Riker yelled. He finally caught up to me & grabbed me. "Let go of me!!!"- I said. "What’s wrong?!?!"- he said. "Why didn’t you tell me you were the one who broke up with Kayla because of someone else!?"- I said. His face just went blank. "I’m sorry I just didn’t know what to tell you."- he said. "You know you don’t have to lie to me. I mean what’s going on here! What is this?!? What are we?!?" I yelled. "I don’t know! But I know I never can get you out of my head. & I’ve tried denying it but I seriously can’t anymore." He said. "What?!?"- I said. I just stared at him. Like I’m in shock! "Well I don’t know what to tell you because Morgan just told me Kayla wants you back & she won’t stop till she gets you!"- I said. "Who cares about her! I told her I want nothing to do with her..!" He said. "Prove it!"- I said. I turned around because I was angry but also happy. Like what does this mean?!? He runs up behind me & turns me around & says. "Here’s your proof!"- he said. He grabbed my face & kissed me passionately! I felt like i could kiss him forever. & we finally let go & just stared I to each other’s 

eyes. This is what I was waiting for, but now what does it mean?….

What do you think will happen?! Let me know in the comments below!! 

XOXO

Summer