Chapter 2

It was my first day meeting with the whole R5 clan, I was super nervous but i just said be yourself. They obviously saw something In you. I wore some regular ripped jeans, a tank with a cardigan, & some studded boots. Just casual & not over the top. I left my hair straight & grabbed my glasses to hit the road. 

As I’m driving I’m jamming some tunes to pump me up & relax. 

Mark had me meet all of them at their house. They were inviting me to dinner to get to know them. I pull up & park & get out of the car. I check myself out once more on the reflection of the car to make sure I looked okay. I turn around & Riker is face to face with me.” OMG i didn’t see you there! You know you can give people heart attacks by doing that”.- I said. 

"Well I couldn’t help it. I just love hazing the new assistant!"- Riker said with that funny look on his face. "Well then, just so you know I wasn’t that scared, & shouldn’t you be inside so I can meet all of you?"-I said. "Uh huh sure you won’t, & anyways this is my house so I like to walk around."- Riker said. "Well that’s a valid point. Anyways I’m going to head inside now."- I said. "Ok I’m right behind you. So I’ll see you in a bit"- Riker said. He waved goodbye sarcastically. I was so confused. I guess I just had to stick it out. I knock on the door & Stormie answers it saying" welcome to our home it’s so nice to meet you!". She hugged me & immediately thought wow she’s amazing. I walk in & see Ratliff & Rocky playing video games. They both say "sup". I just wave and say "hi guys". Stormie asks to excuse them for them being that way.  Ross & Ryland were outside & coming in to sit down for dinner. 

Rydel was a gem! ” omg so good to meet you, finally another girl on tour with me!”. “Aww! I’m so excited! Trust me I understand I have 2 

brothers!”-I said. Riker came through the door with a stunning blonde named Kayla. “Hey Kayla were just about to eat, come sit”- Stormie said. Rydel turns & tells me “FYI that’s rikers girlfriend, I personally detest the ground she walks on, but I put a smile on like a good little girl. She’s evil. Watch out, rawr,”. I crack up a bit & can see Stormie looking at me. We all finally sit at the table and start eating. 

It’s kinda akward at first but then ross just breaks the ice & says “So J, do you have a boyfriend? Cus traveling all summer can be straining on a relationship!” I almost choke my food up, ” ummm no at the moment no.im just too focused on work to have a relationship. Plus guys & me haven’t really worked out”- I said. “Well why is that?”- Kayla asks. Everyone looks because she has these piercing eyes with daggers at me. “Let’s just say bad timing.”- i say. We all finish and I even offer to help wash dishes. Stormie doesn’t let me. “Well thank you guys for dinner. I appreciate it so much. But I should get going. It’s getting late.”- I said. “Of course it’s our pleasure. & speaking of dark Riker walk her out since her car is across the street.”-Mark said. I insisted I was fine but Riker was more than willing. He kissed his gf goodnight & she left, but not before giving me the dagger eyes. 

Riker & I start walking and it’s a little weird. “Look sorry about my gf, she’s a bit jealous sometimes.”-Riker. Said.

"A bit?, no she’s totally trusting of you!"- i said. He chuckles a bit. "Anyways why would she be jealous of me?"- I said. 

"Well you’ll be on tour with us all summer, your hard working, & pretty if I do say so myself."- riker said. I stated blushing. "Look thanks for the compliment but this is all strictly business." I said. "Look it’s just a compliment, don’t worry. Plus my dad has a strict rule about dating people we work with"-Riker said. "Oh ok, well my car is here, thanks for walking me. & thanks I’m really looking forward to working with you"- I said. 

"Of course, and me as well. I’m glad I have someone my age to party with."- riker said. "Wait but won’t,"- he literally stopped me and said: "look my dad said we couldn’t date, he never said no partying together. Let’s see where this tour takes us". I though to myself, what did I get myself into. He walked away & I thought. It’s gonna be a long summer…. 

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!! 

XOXO

Summer!