What do you see? (snippet 2)

no thoughts, head empty. lmaoo here's the second one. Also these are oooold drafts. And an au. So the characters are old and doesn't match up with the current season of Supergirl. That's all!

The blue liquid slides down her throat like she just swallowed fire, but she keeps chugging. It stings and it feels heavy but she'd rather feel this than the heaviness that she felt when Lena said she saw lex in the mirror, her heart's desire, the version of lex who didn't go insane with power and hatred over her cousin. 

Guilt creeps up on her as she tries to gently place her glass down but fails because her coordination is already compromised by the alien alcohol. 

Guilty that she's being selfish, of course she misses his brother, the brother she lost and loved. Why did she ever think Lena would see the same thing in the mirror? A life with her? Impossible. She looks up abruptly, her gaze hazy, tunnel vision taking effect. 

 The bar is almost out of aliens and humans, a few are at the bar, her super hearing heightens without her control as she listens in. they're talking about their day and how normal it was, especially when normal doesn't come often, a burden they have to pay to be on this Earth, but they love it here. 

everything is starting to zoom in and out, like a camera desperately trying to find focus. her hearing trying to mimic a radio losing and gaining signal again, she closes her eyes as she steadies herself by grabbing on to the side of the table. she's starting to regret ordering the most potent liquor they've got. 

 she's alone in the booth with 5 shot glasses. and as she looks around the musty bar she shakes her head and laughs to herself, the light above her dim and menacing, illuminating the mess she's made, the mess she's in. 

Realizing how It's also selfish of her to do this when there's a whole city she needs to protect at all times, wallowing in her sadness is not an option when you're Supergirl. 

 So she tries to stand up, her feet failing and tangling as she tries to walk. Her hands straightens the glasses that are askew on her face, trying to keep her cool as much as possible. 

 She smiles and waves goodbye to mon-el and exits the bar where she bumps into Alex

 "Woah Kara, you've been drinking haven't you? I came here as fast as I can, Winn said you seemed off and when he came to your apartment you weren't there" 

It still amazes her how fast her sister figures out these things just by looking at her, 

she's trying her hardest not to stutter,  "I may have downed a few, a few shots" her voice slurs, she hopes to Rao that Alex doesn't notice, but she does

 "That's it, I'm going in, mon-el really needs to stop asking you to get drunk with him this is getting out of hand,"  Alex tries to push through her but she stands her ground, grabbing on her sister's shoulders as gently as possible

 "No Alex it's not his fault, I wanted to drink," Alex stops on her tracks, looks at Kara like she's crazy 

"What happened, Kara? was it Lena?" How does she figure out these things so fast? There's no point in denying it so she just nods, her head thumping harder as she does