Kara really likes you (part 2)

It's a sunny day, a great day to fly around the city and just feel the yellow sun warming her up. or it's a great excuse to completely get away from L corp as fast as possible because what the heck was she thinking?! Lena doesn't have time to sit around and talk about how Kara Danvers likes her so much?

She's probably busy with all her meetings and paperworks! but then she remembered how Lena's smile is so big and bright whenever she sees Supergirl just randomly swoop in her balcony whether it's about a matter of her safety and security or just a friend trying to comfort her in her darkest moments.

So that's exactly what she does.

she lands softly on Lena's balcony, barely making a sound. She's studying her through the glass, Lena's back faced towards her, phone on her left hand and a pen on the other, "damn it, I knew she was busy, I should just–"

but then she hears her name being called,

"Supergirl, to what do I owe the pleasure?" she freezes, mid flight, closing her eyes closed in defeat, not wanting to turn around to start making a fool of herself but she does.

"Miss Luthor," she says, an obvious attempt at sounding serious. she gently floats down in front of the woman, her hands on her waist, her classic Supergirl stance.

"You're not here to inform me of my impending doom, are you?" Lena laughs, which just makes Kara's stance almost falter upon hearing the glorious sound, so sunny and lively.

she tries to laugh, not wanting to show how nervous she actually is,

"No, don't worry. I-I was just flying around the city and thought I'd visit a good friend," friend?! she might as well just friendzoned herself with that statement, she tried not to facepalm herself and kept her posture as steady as she can. but then she remembered that Lena isn't talking to Kara, she's talking to Supergirl.

"awe, I'm flattered." she flashed a genuine smile at her, Lena's hand on her chest, teasing a bit which just about melted Supergirl at the gesture.

it felt like minutes, hours had gone by just staring at each other until Lena says,

"oh my, where are my manners, please do come in"

Lena's eyes focused on her as they both walk in her office, a familiar space she's been in countless of times, as Kara and as Supergirl.

"so tell me," Lena taking a seat on the couch and gesturing at the superhero to sit next to her. Kara gladly does, keeping a good distance away from Lena but not too far to make it seem like she's actively avoiding her.

"why are you really here," Lena doesn't take her gaze away from her, her green eyes so beautiful in the afternoon sun, she's distracted by them, Lena notices "ahem" that snaps her from her short day dream

"oh yes, as I said I'm here to see you, and also" she clears her throat, "I- my friend Kara, wanted me to tell you something"

Lena's eyebrows slowly rise, she doesn't say anything, so Kara continues, trying not to lose eye contact, but she failed miserably so she abruptly stood up, turning away from Lena

"she told me to tell you that she finds you very beautiful, Miss Luthor" her face starting to redden as the words left her mouth, oh Rao I sound so stupid right now, she inhaled sharply before turning around to see Lena standing in front her now, amusement in her eyes, she giggled before saying, "oh did she now? did she say anything else?"

click, click  Lena's heels sounded as she walked over to a visibly flustered Supergirl fiddling with her cape, "she also thinks you're quite uh, adorable"

"adorable?"

"yes, she finds you very cute" she says trying to sound serious but then smiles not knowing where this conversation is going, seeing the CEO just lose it by hearing her say that is such a sight.

her cheeks reddening as well, seeing her open her mouth about to say something but decides against it and just settles for a grin, she feels her insides turning to goo but she felt confident too,

"she thinks your eyes are just," hand gestures flying all around her face trying to figure out the perfect word to describe them, Lena studies her intently as she does so, "so breathtaking, I think it's" she catches herself, "I think it's what she said"

"oh, oh and I think- I mean she thinks, Kara, not me, that your lips are so perfect, and she just wants, I just.." she says her eyes turning to the woman's lips. she can't seem to continue what she was about to say, because Lena Luthor standing in front of her impossibly close now can do that to a person.

Lena smirks at the familiar rambling, it reminds her of a certain lovable reporter from CatCo Magazine.

"well, then tell Kara Danvers that I think the same about her" she feels Lena's breath hot on her as she closes the gap between them, click click

she steps back, almost tripping on her own cape, "o-okay, that I will," gulp, her eyes still fixed on Lena's lips, "tell her,"

I have to get out of here before I completely lose my mind, she shakes her head trying to get out of her trance and does the most sensible thing she could think of, she starts walking pass Lena, trying to look worried,

"oh Rao, would you look at the time, I should probably get going now, Miss Luthor'" she says looking back at Lena as she walks towards the glass doors of the balcony, "you're a busy woman and National City needs me,"

Lena laughs, shaking her head as she walks towards where Supergirl is to say a quick goodbye, "that I am, and indeed they do, but before you go, tell Kara one more thing for me," Supergirl looks at the hand that's on her arm now, "sure, Miss Luthor, what is it?"

She freezes as Lena reaches up to her eyes trying to stifle a laugh as she takes off the very obvious I cannot believe I'm such a nervous wreck earlier, Alex is going to kill me I forgot to take off my glasses that's on her face,

"tell her, congrats from me, seems like she doesn't need her glasses anymore seeing as you have it now"