Will you share your soul with me? (Unzip your skin and let me have a see)

A/N: The title is a dodie song it's called 'Human' if ya'll don't know! also, please be gentle with the comments, I haven't written anything in months! mostly because I've been busy but also cos I just got the confidence to write again! well anyways, here you guys go :)

warning: panic attack

"Lena, you okay? Don't worry I swear I'll get you out!" Kara shouts, her voice muffled behind the other side of the door, she can hear Kara rummaging through a tool box for something to use,

it's only been five minutes since Lena got locked in their apartment's bathroom thinking she would just be relaxing inside for a few minutes in the tub coming out refreshed after a hard day's work in the office as usual but no, their door decided to fuck up and now she's freezing, her towel the only piece of cloth keeping her warm.

Why did they ever decide that it was a good idea to put the laundry basket outside the shower?!

"Kara, dear I'm fine, I know you will," she's really not though, it's a stupid thing to get worked up over, she already got through this irrational fear, it was years ago. She's starting to hold her breathe again, she knows she shouldn't. She's trying her best to focus, telling herself over and over again that she'll get out eventually nothing to worry about,

She's doing all she was thought at therapy, the breathing lessons she practiced almost every time she as so much gets in a narrow passage.

It started with the first family who adopted her, they weren't... the kindest. A lot of being locked in bathrooms and closets by her step siblings. In closets! The irony is not lost on her; it's probably the reason why they locked her up in the first place, just because she thought her step sister's friend was cute.

"cute?"

"yeah? Why? Can't I say that about her?"

"do you want to hold her hand? Is that what you meant by cute huh Lena?"

"well, yeah if she'd let me, isn't that what people do when they like someone?"

"yes, but only boys and girls do that, girls can't like girls like that"

"why not?"

And that's when it started, that one small question.

She shouldn't be thinking about this, not now and especially not here. She tries to breathe, just breathe through it, but the thoughts are too strong. She sees it happen again,

they ganged up on her, told her she wasn't allowed to come out 'til she took what she said back, she didn't get it, it was just a crush, a harmful crush after all.

Her foster parents weren't to come home 'til supper, she won't be able to get out 'til then. The closet they locked her in was stuffy and dark, she tried to fight them off, scratching and pulling but her step sister got help from some other kids they played with.

She was sobbing, scratching at the wooden prison she was thrown in for being different, her nails broke, her fingers covered with blood, she was pounding on it. She knew they could hear her in there, suffering, because at the other side of the door she can hear them laughing. Laughing so hard like it was the funniest thing they've ever heard. Someone crying out for help was something they enjoyed.

So, she stopped, she kept quiet, she was still heaving but she tried to stifle it with her hands, she leaned on the side of the closet and waited, waited for them to stop laughing, to leave. She was holding her breathe 'til she finally heard footsteps going away from the closet.

After that it became a hobby for her step sister and her friends, they would pick on her, push her towards girls "you like her? Huh Lena? Wanna kiss her and hold her hand? You do, don't you?! You freak!"