48hrs-61hrs| 61

(Nyla's POV)

48 hours missing...

I laid in the dark numb to my own thoughts and the searing pain I felt. After being beaten up and cut I felt horrible. I woke up maybe an hour ago barely able to move. All I could remember was what the punches felt like. I felt like I was dying. Amidst my post beating unconsciousness, I remember Ambrose carrying me out and trying to tend to my wounds.

61 hours missing...

I heard a knock on the door before it opened and the light switched on. I didn't bother to make any sort of movement or sound. "Nyla? I'm here to check your back."

When I saw Ambrose coming towards me I fought all the pain I was feeling to cower away towards the far end of the bed. I could see the sadness in his eyes. Why was he sad when I was the one who was beaten. Didn't they want me to fear them?

"Please just let me help you."

"You told her to do this to me," I mumbled. "I chose the kindest of the punishments she had arranged. I'd rather you be beat up than have your fingers cut off and sewn back on to the wrong stumps."

"Come on just let me take a look. I did some cleaning while you were asleep but the cut on your shoulder needs to be looked at." He said.

I made no move to show him my shoulder. I was afraid. "Why are you doing this to me?" I sniffled.

"It started off as a way to get revenge. We were going to milk them of their money. Then you came into the picture. They were both so enamored, so we thought we could take away what made them happy. That's why we planted the files. To break you and Javier up. Then you and Sebastian got closer. They both love you so much and I wanted to know the hype. Julia told me to get to know you. She wanted me to steal you away. But I could never do anything to hurt you. She decided to just take you to hurt Sebastian and shooting Javier was never in the plan. Now he's dead and your injured and I feel so guilty."

"Wait...wait, what?!" I asked in confusion. "I saw him...I spoke to him...he was fine." I mumbled as I tried to understand.

"He's dead."

I dropped my head and tried to hold in my tears. "I hate you," I mumbled.

"I hate you!" I shouted. It took all my strength to lunge at him and I could barely do anything. He held my arms to my chest and tried to get me to calm down as I cried hysterically.

68 hours missing...

I was put to sleep again. This time I woke up in a completely different place and Ambrose was setting something on the electric handcuffs that I was now wearing. I was bound to a chair and I didn't have any strength to even move. I don't remember the last time I'd eaten or had any water so I was beyond tired.

"Where...where am I?" I struggled to get out.

"A warehouse. These handcuffs are set to open themselves in 5 hours. By then Sebastian should be here and Jules and I will be long gone. There are car keys on that table over there in case he doesn't make it by the time they disable." He said.

"Can't we just kill her?" Julia mused as she entered the room. I averted my gaze and tried to focus on Ambrose's hands instead. "We aren't killing her."

"Why not? It would be so...quick." She moaned as she grazed my neck with her pocket knife.

Ambrose shot up into action faster than my brain could process. He knocked the weapon from her hand and wrapped his hand around her throat tight enough to bring fear into her eyes. "I said no."

I held back a gasp as she pulled out another knife from her back pocket and held it to his neck. He, however, was unfaltering.

"It seems you've forgotten whose role is what. Unhand me before I kill you."

He let her go and she coughed a bit as she rubbed her neck. "Let's go, we have a few things to do before we collect," Julia said.

"I'm really sorry, Nyla. I never meant for it to get this out of hand." He said. Before he left he gave me a bottle of water and a burger.

I was alone again.