Chapter 22

ASHTON'S POV

I knew something was terribly going wrong the moment I landed in my kingdom.

Usually people always occupied the streets busy with any of their works.
But now it was like no person existed in here.

There was a deathly silence.

It was too sickening to be in such an area.

I wonder what happened.

I drove my car directly from the airport to my castle.

There was not even a single sign of civilization.

Something is wrong!!  My mind was alerting me.

I know but what?? I questioned myself.

Quickly within a span of five minutes I was at the entrance of the castle.

Not even taking time to park my favorite car I ran inside and witnessed something horrible that no one ever had to face in their lifetime.

I quickly called Diana knowing that she is in danger.

She didn't pick up on my first call.

Not loosing hope I called again and to my relief she picked the phone up.

I quickly explained her to get out the danger lurking around her and prayed that my mate will be safe by the time I reach there.

I heard a violent scream from the phone which didn't belong to Anna and then she started talking in a very speed manner out of which I couldn't even understand half of it.

But she seemed really scared. 

Suddenly the line got cut with a thud sound and on trying again I couldn't be connected to her phone.

This was bad really bad!!!

I quickly dialed Ashley and asked her to let her mate know what happened with Anna as I narrated everything and asked him to go out on search of her.

I quickly boarded the flight back to Anna and hoped I won't be too late.

DIANA'S POV

As soon as they got to know that I had escaped I fastened my pace being terribly scared.

I didn't know who were these people and what they want from me.

A rush of adrenaline flowed through my veins pushing me harder towards my destination.

I knew that if I continued this pace I would be there in Ashley's place in a few minutes.

Suddenly Ashley's boyfriend whose name I had long forgotten came running in my direction.

Seeing him there made me relax and wonder how would he come here that too in the same direction I had been running.

I wanted to call out for him but something stopped me from doing so.
I quickly hid myself behind a tree and watched what he was doing here.

Suddenly the people who were planning to catch me,  met up with him and to my horror he changed form in front of me.

He was not Ashleys boyfriend  but someone else.

He had changed his form as him.

How was that humanely possible?

Am I dreaming?? I thought to myself and pinched myself.

Ow!!  That hurt!! 

It means something beyond my knowledge was going on here.

In between of talking to myself  I noticed that they stopped talking and were sniffing in the air.

They slowly turned towards me.

A low scream came of my mouth and my phone fell of my hands hit the tree trunk and snapped into two.

Great!!  That was my favorite phone!!

Ugh!!

I tiptoed and ran out of there or I thought so.

Some guy with super muscles which were not as good as ASHTON'S caught me by the hem of my shirt.

Stupid brain!!  What are you thinking in this horrid situation??  I thought.

Before I got a reply I was shoved into the side of a tree with the side of my face connecting to the bark.

Oomph!!  That hurt!!

But the pain lasted only for a few seconds.

Before I could comprehend what could happen something was injected into the side of my neck.

Suddenly something started burning inside of me.

I thrashed around in the arms of my captor and I could hear once all the voices surrounding me.

"What the hell is happening  to her??
She must be sedated by now.  But what's happening to her. Did you inject the right one into her or not?? "
Someone shouted.

"Yes I did master but I don't know what's happening to her" captor replied a Little bit scared .

All were talking and it made my head hurt like anything.

I wanted them to stop writing once.

I shouted out "Stop! " and put my hands in front of my face.

Everything was silent and after a few moments I heard groans of people writhing in pain.

By then the burning sensation stopped and I could see clearly.

No one was capturing me now and all the people who were  first shouting and catching me now lay far away from me in every direction I could see.

What happened to them??

This was too much to handle in a day.

I tried to get up but I was too tired and fell back to the ground  bit before I could fall someone caught me.

Before i could see who it was , black dots danced over my vision and lost my consciousness.

Theast words I heard were "Shit!!  Anna wake up!! Dammit she already started getting her powers back!

She needs to know.  Its time. "

What the heck was it time for?

I thought before falling asleep.

Hey guys!!
Don't kill me!
Okay so honestly the reason for not updating is that I kind of lost the inspiration for the story and I was like what to write and all!!
But now I've again got it back and I won't dissapoint you  again!!

Keep reading and voting!!!

                   -Varsha