Preference #47 DDM: You're scared of the dark

Harry (You’re 3): You sat in bed, smiling up at your dad as he finished the lullaby he always sang to you “Good night kitten” He smiles and hugs you “Night daddy!” You giggle and hug back then, lay back down. He gets up from the small chair and walks back to his room, and for the first time turns off the lamp on his way out. You laid there in the dark, trying to sleep but, you couldn’t! The dark to you brought many scary things like monsters under your bed, ghosts in your toy box, and spiders on the floor. You tried and tried but you just couldn’t, eventually you got so scared that, tears spilled from your eyes and you ran out of your dark and scary room. You ran to the one place you knew you where safe, your mum and dad’s room. You creaked the door open and crawled onto the bed “Daddy” You whispered as you shook him from his deep sleep “Yes kitten?” He answers, voice still sleepy “There are monsters in my room, they came in when you turn the lights off” You explain, still crying at a steady pace. “There is no monsters princess, I promise” He smiles “Yes there is!” You protest then look up at him with puppy eyes “I’m scared…” He sighs and looks at you “Okay, how about tonight you sleep with mummy and daddy then tomorrow we can go and get you a night light to keep those monsters out” He says as he pulls up the duvet “Deal?” He smiles as you get under the covers and cuddle into him “Deal” You whisper before drifting off into a peaceful slumber.