Chapter: 9

Hellooooooooo!! I know I've been MIA for a long time and I'm trying to make an effort to upload more often. I and to go over this chapter a few times cause I kept finding little things that I wasn't happy with and didn't quite make sense. I think I got them all but if I didn't just ignore it and keep reading :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 9

Leona broke out of her dream and stared up into the the face of Lee-lee. She reached her hand up to his face and lightly brushed her fingertips over his cheekbones, his eyebrows, his nose, the shape of his lips, his jawline. He looked so much like the boy in her dream, the resemblance was uncanny. The only differences were that he was older, his features more defined, taller, muscular the usual things that came with growing up. The only things that stayed the same were the green of his eyes, so like her own and the shade of his hair.

It took her a moment to realise who the guy staring down at her softly actually was. Yet it didn't stop the name that spilled from her lips.

"Lee-lee."

It wasn't a question. She knew very well who this guy was and she was confused as to why she was having dreams about their younger selves playing hide and seek.

Leon jerked back. His face the very epitome of surprise. Leona thought she saw recognition or was it something else flash through his eyes. A slight burning sensation on her shoulder alerted her to the pain that was making itself known.

"Ow." she groaned, rubbing her shoulder. "What the hell just happened?"

She heard a chuckle from above her as arms went around her and lifted her back on to the matress.

"You fell off the bed silly." Leon laughed.

It was Leona's turn to freeze. She knew that it was just coincidence but she couldn't help her body's reaction to the sentence. She raised her eyes back to Leon's cautiously, just in case there was a seven year old blonde replica of him sitting on the side of the bed.

"And it's Leon." he added. "not Lee-lee. I would advise you not to call me that again." She looked at him questionly but didn't say anything and his face didn't give anything away. In fact, he was now expressionless.

Deciding not to push the subject, Leona took a first look at where she was. It took her less than a second to realise that this was not her room or any room that she recognized for that matter. She whipped her head back to Leon and narrowed her eyes warily at him.

"Where am I?" she tried to keep her voice calm but even she could hear the underlying tone of panic in her voice.

Leon raised his hands in a sign of surrender. "Relax, you're at my house." he tried to reasure her. It wasn't working. "I found you outside on the field passed out cold. It looked like you were having a seizure or something, I mean your arms and legs were flailing about like you were being electrocuted. And then there was your screaming." he winced a little. "It was so loud it sounded like you were being burnt alive or something."

Little did he know that that was exactly how she had felt. As if someone had come along and set each of her fingers alight individually.

Leona laughed nervously and looked anywhere but at the blonde haired boy in next to her. There was something between them. It wasn't attraction or anything sexual it was a sort of familiarity and a feeling of safeness when they were near eachother. She couldn't put her finger on it exaclty but she knew that Leon knew something about what she was feeling and she wasn't sure she wanted to know about it.

A knock sounded at the door. Both of their heads snapped up at the same time and turned to the door. It seemed that Leona wasn't the only one stuck in her thoughts.