Chapter: 1

Oh my god! 4 days until Christmas!!! *screams like a banshee* going out tonight to see the christmas lights!! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 1

The walk from Leona's house to school is strangely one she enjoys as it is one of the few moments in a day that she gets to herself. Twigs snapped under her boots as she walked along the dirt pathway leading up to the back way into the school building. Leona spotted an odd shape in the dirt off to the side and without a moments hesitation, she swiftly reached out her foot and covered it with fresh dirt and dried leaves that had fallen. Satisfied, she continued back in the direction she was heading. She rolled her shoulders and hitched her bag up on to her right shoulder again to prevent it from slipping off. Quickly Leona glanced at the watch on her thin bracelet and immediately picked up her pace to a brisk jog.

'Screw this.' She thought and pulled the other strap of her bag on to her left shoulder. Tugging the straps tight she then took off at a sprint, wanting to get there before the bell rang and she got yet another detention.

Within minutes Leona emerged from the tree line and arrived at the back gates seperating the back oval from the thick sourrounding trees. She leapt gracefully over the chest-high fence and landed on the balls of her feet.

'Just like a cat.' She thought dryly, chuckling to herself.

She once again loosened her bag straps and removed one from her shoulder, carrying it like she had before. She took a quick look around, using all of her senses, to make sure no one was watching. Satisfied, Leona tucked her bag under her right arm and flitted to the other side of the oval. She combed her fingers through her long hair to rid it of unwanted knots.

Leona walked the short distance between the oval and the building in front of her and pushed open the glass door with ease. The hallway was already half filled with teenagers running around frantically trying to find their friends and picking up dropped books. The moment Leona walked through the doors more than half the people stilled and the loud chatter quietend to meer whispers.

Leona chuckled and kept walking. They were always like this, everyone could feel the dangerous power that radiated off her in waves. As she sauntered over to her locker everyone was still as quiet as a mouse. Now this was weird. Usually by now they had all gone back to whatever they were doing before, the fact that they just continued to stand gawking at her irked Leona.

Something was wrong.

"Alright people," A familiar voice yelled. "Nothing to see here. Go back to whatever you were doing before!"

The sound of rattling metal came from next to her, signaling that the locker next to hers had been opened. Openeing her own locker Leona shoved her bag inside and searched for the books she needed for her first three lessons. Once she found them, she set them on the top of the locker and shut the door, sliding the padlock back into place and pocketing the key. She grabbed the books off the top of the locker and settled them in the crook of her arm before turning to the white-blond headed girl still violently searching through her locker.

"Thanks for that." She said causing the girl to look up at her. Her friend smiled.

"It's okay." She replied with a wave of her hand. "I have no idea what was wrong with them, they never usually gawk at you for that long." A frown crossed her mouth.

"Somethings wrong Z." Leona said with a dark expression. "I don't know what it is yet, but something is going down and sooner or later shit is going to hit the fan." Z's expression instantly became serious, her purple eyes darkening.