Chapter: 6

Ollo *gets wacked upside the head* oops, I mean hello peoples.

Nothing much to say. I'm tired, hungry and mum is waking me up and ten thirty. Why? Because school starts again in two weeks. Luckily for me I am now year nine and go back a day later than the year eights (haha, suckers). Not much but hey, at least it's not Monday.

Anyway, on to the story....... *makes sweeping gesture*

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 6

Leona woke up from her cat nap around and hour or so later. The rock she was laying on was getting a little too hot for her tastes, in fact it was starting to burn a little. Not wanting to become toasted lion she leapt of the rock with a certain grace that shouldn't exist for someone that just woke up.

Stretching her legs out in front of her Leona spread her toes and let out a yawn, her tongue lolling out to the side. She arched her back and stretched her back legs out.

Now in a playful mood she spotted a small critter hopping accross the grass. Leona let out a playful growl and proceeded to pounce on the poor animal. Luckily for the frog, it managed to evade her sharp claws and hopped away. Unfazed, Leona once again pounced on the small animal and once again it hopped away from her. This pattern continued for a while; Leona would pounce and the frog would hop away. Pounce, hop, pounce, hop, pounce, hop.

They ended up at the top of the highest and largest boulder over looking the lake a good ten or twenty metres below. The small frog was right on the edge of the rock, seeming to taunt her. She stuck her butt in the air, her tail swishing from side to side and lowered to top half of her body to the ground. They stayed in that position for a moment, waiting anxiously for the other to make a move. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the frog jumped off the edge of the rock. Leona scrambled to the edge and looked down just in time to see and hear the small splash as the frog dissapeared into the water. Still in her playful mood, she took a few steps back and made a running leap over the edge of the boulder. Moments before she hit the water Leona shifted into her human form, executing a perfect dive with minimal splash.

Underwater she swam for a while, holding her breath for as long as she could. Colourful fish swam past her eyes in schools, tadpoles and semi-grown frogs clung to the underwater plants. Leona started to run out of air and swam over to a near by submerged rock that would be high enough to keep everything below her shoulders covered and her head above the water. Standing up, she flicked her hair back, sending sparkling droplets of water scattering around her like diamonds.

Taking a few deep breaths Leona floated on her back, not caring that her chest was now completely exposed, it's not like anyone would see her right? She drifted around the lake for a moment, just relaxing.

A low growl snapped her out of day dreams. She shifted herself so that she was upright in the water and gasped. There, standing just inside the edge of the trees lining this clearing was a full grown male lion. It wasn't looking at her now but that didn't matter. All that mattered was the fact that she had no idea who this shifter was, Leona knew it was a shifter because there were no natural lions around her area at all. Another low growl emitted from his throat and snapped her out of her thoughts. Moving quickly, she swam over to the other side of the lake and climbed out. Leona ran a few steps then shifted into her lioness, she had to get away from here as fast as possible.

Leona ran straight back home, only stopping to shift and pull on her clothes from her stash in a tree. Still tugging her short down over her torso, she sprinted up the porch steps and into the house, making sure to dead bolt the door behind her.

Leona was still breathing heavily from what was probably one of the longest runs she had ever taken in her life. She had no idea if the lion had followed her but she wasn't willing to take any chances. A few minutes later, she had made up her mind; Leona was not going out into the forest in her lion form until the end of next week or unless absolutely nessesary.

The weekend went by slowly. She made no more runs in her lion form even though she was getting ansty. Leona occupied herself by going shopping for food and finishing up her homework sheet for English, maths and other various subjects. By the time Monday rolled around her lion was clawing at her insides to get out and run, to hunt.

Leona groaned as she trudged through her usual route to school. Once she reahced the school grounds she leapt over the chainlink fence, landing on the balls of her feet.

Shit!, she thought suddenly, I forgot to check if anyone saw that.

Taking a glance around and seeing no one but two guys at the opposite end of the field and neither of them were tuned in her direction. She didn't bother flitting accross the field today, instead she walked at a calm pace which meant that by the time she got to her locker the bell had already rung minutes ago and she was all alone in the corridoor.

Grabbing the things she needed for the double lessons Leona headed off to one of the few classes she actually liked to some degree. Art.

She managed to avoid getting caught by miss St. Clair and slipped into her usual seat next to Z.

"Where have you been?" Z hissed at her once Leona had placed her pencilcase and such on the table to the side. Turning to her best friend she raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Why?" She whispered back. "You don't usually ask where I've been."

"Yes well usually there aren't a whole group of newbies enrolling to the school." Z looked agitated. "And right at the end of the year? Something has gotta be up." Leona sighed.

"I don't know. I guess I just slept in-" she paused as what her friend had just said registered in her brain. "What do mean there are new kids here?!"

"Exactly that." Z shrugged and gave her a flat look. "Maybe if you got here on time you would've heard about it sooner."

At that moment the door opened and everyone in the class looked up from their work. A boy that looked to be around Leona's age with blonde hair and green eyes the exact same shade as hers stood in the doorway with a look of complete boredom on his face. He was a bit taller than Leona and was obviously just as fit, you could see it through his tight fitting shirt and jeans.

"Oh." miss St. Clair stood up from her seat and brushed imaginary dust off the front of her top. "You must be the new student. I was wondering when you'd get here." she motioned with a hand for the guy to come further into the room and turned to the rest of the class. "Everyone please make our new student feel welcome. Would you like to tell them a bit about yourself?" Miss St. Clair directed her question at the new kid. He shrugged and turned to the rest of them, his intense gaze washing over each and every one of them. When his gaze settled on Leona however, he seemed to freeze momentarily. He recovered quickly though.

"A couple of things you need to know are one: don't ever touch me and two: don't cross me, you'll regret it." He seemed to speak directly at Leona for his next statement. "Oh and by the way, the name's Leon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I get, say, five votes on this chapter (pretty please) I will do a double upload before school starts and I am side tracked by certain things...... ;3

Also I have a new story going on in the sidelines but it will not be up until Manipulating Fire is finished or at least very close to finishing.

Don't forget to....

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE

COMMENT

and

FAN!!

Bella <3

*raids fridge while no one is looking*