Chapter: 3

Happy New Year everyone!!! I wish everyone a fantasic year! Also, as a sort of prezzie for you all, I thought I'd upload a special chapter.

Ohmigod!! I can't believe I'm actually going into year nine!! O_O I'm gonna be 15 in four months, well just over four months.... *screams*

Even at 1:30am everyone still has fireworks going off. How many do they have??! I want some now...... :P

Anyway, enjoy.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 3

Leona stared at the unconcious boy for a moment. He acted so tough, yet he faints at standing close to and being growled at- okay, she could see why he would be scared. Leona was a lioness and a bigger than usual one at that, but come on, the smart thing to do would be to run away in the opposite direction. That was what Leona was hoping he would do.

She huffed, which sounded like a cross between a growl and a snort.

'Great,' she thought to Z. 'now we're going to have to drag him back to school.' Seeing her friend's mischievous grin she added. 'and no we can't just leave him here. What if some wild animal tries to eat him? Other than me that is. Not that I would ever consider eating him of course.' she quickly defended.

Z groaned. "Guess you're right." she pointed at the blonde boy who still hadn't moved from his spot. "but what about him? He's apparantly not scared of you."

"Well it's not like she can hurt me Zyllah." he said, almost as if he heard the entire conversation. Both girls looked at him, shocked to their core. "What? Leona wouldn't hurt me, would you Leona?" Leona numbly shook her head no. The boy smiled. "See? Told you."

"How on earth did you know that that," Z pointed at Leona's lion form next to her. "is Leona? And how the hell did you know my name? Nobody in this school knows my name apart from Leona and myself." Even though her voice was calm Leona could hear the underlying wariness in her tone.

"She is a shifter isn't she?" The blonde boy shrugged nonchalontly. Leona's eyes widened marginally, as did Z's.

Quickly, Leona turned and jogged off into the trees. Soon she came upon a stash on clothes that she had hidden, one of the many around the area. She shifted back and rolled her shoulders, easing the slight tension out of them. Wasting no furthur time, Leona pulled on the underwear, singlet and bike shorts and ran back to the clearing.

"So how exactly did you know what I am?" She inquired aa she re-emerged from the trees. The blonde boy's expression turned wary.

"I don't think you'd like the answer very much." he said. Leona raised an eyebrow.

"Try me." she said. The boy bit his lip.

"Did someone tell you?" Z asked. The boy quickly shook his head in denial.

"No, no one told me. It was more instinct." he asnwered vaugly. "That and the fact that there were signs like Zyllah saying that she 'had to calm down an angry lioness' when you jumped out the window. On a second story, I might add. Then there was the growling that you seemed to think nobody heard. Also you didn't really act like a normal lion would. You were more humane. And let's not forget that you basically just confirmed it when you asked me how I knew." he added. As he went along he ticked them off on his fingers.

Leona growled in fustration. She was still standing reasonably close to the trees so she turned and punched the nearest one, resulting in the tree almost snapping in half.

"So what are you going to do about it?" she asked still facing the tree.

There was a moments silence. "Nothing." he said. Leona's head snapped up and she slowly turned to face him.

"You're not going to do anything?" she asked cautiously. "At all?" the blonde boy looked surprised.

"I'm sorry?" He said. "Did you want me to do something?"

"No no!" Z exclaimed quckly. Her eyes darted to Leona for a moment. "it's just that last time-" Leona growled warningly, cutting her off effectivly.

"He doesn't need to know about that Zyllah." She said darkly. Z nodded and muttered an apology. A sudden thought came to Leona's mind. "Hey, I just realised something." both heads turned to her but her gaze was set on the blonde boy. "I never got your name."

"Oh, um." he blushed slightly and Leona almost 'awwed'. "It's Jason or Jase." Leona chuckled and walked over to him with a hand out in front her.

"Nice to meet you Jase." she said smiling. Jason put his hand into Leona's but instead of shaking it he turned their hands over so the back of Leona's hand was facing upward. He then brought both hands to his mouth and gently placed a kiss on the back of her hand. Leona blushed furiously, no one had ever done that before.

"Okay." Z's voice said loudly as she clapped her hands together. "Now I just hate to break you two adorable things up but we have the teeny tiny issue of jock here waking up." Jason and Leona broke apart quickly.

A soft groan was heard from the ground. Signaling that Jackson was waking up. Leona knelt down on the ground next to him.

"Sorry about this Jackson." She said sadly but with an undertone of amusment in her voice. Before the guy could open his eyes Leona landed a right-hook to his jaw. Effectivly knocking him out once again but not quite hard enough to break his jaw. Jackson's body slumped back to the ground.

"Nice one." Z praised. "He should be out for another good hour or two."

"Thats all we need." Leona replied. She hooked one arm under his knees and the other around his shoulders and lifted him off the ground with ease. Neither Z nor Jason were shocked at her in-human strength and made no comment.

Leona raced back to the school so fast she was a blur. She ran through the side door, practically kicking it open, up the stairs and back to the classroom that she had launched herself out of earlier. Luckily for her, no one was around or in the classroom at the moment and the door was already open for her. Walking in, Leona laid Jackson on the ground none to gently and rolled him on to his side, positioning him so that he looked like he fell that way.

Satisfied, she stood up and was just about to head out the door when she heard it. Footsteps. Coming down the hallway fast. Making a split second desision, she made a running jump through the still open window that she had jumped out of before.

Just like this morning when she had jumped over the gate she landed in a crouch, her fingers litghly brushing the soft grass beneath her.

Just like a cat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, I was reading this story the other night, it was really funny. There was this part where the girl freaked out her friends by saying "is that the neighbours dog?" then she'd floor the pedal of the car and try to hit it or something like that. I found it hilarious!!

You know the drill...

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

COMMENT

and

FAN!!

Oh, btw, I have Vacswim this week :P but it's my final stage EEP!! so Iay not be able to upload anything for a while..... :\ I'll see what I can do though..... :)

Bella <3