Chapter: 7

Happy (or whatever the heck it is) Australia Day! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi, oi, oi!!

Phew, supposed to be 37 or something today. At least we get to go to the pool or hopefully, THE BEACH!! Where we can swim around and cool off and throw seaweed at each other.... Maybe not seaweed....... :3 Ew.. I just hope there's waves of some sort so we can use the boogieboards for something other than having Jasper, our dog, sit and float around on them. He's small and hates water. Apart from his baths which mum says he loves.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 7

One thing Leon hadn't been planning to do today was be shocked to his core.

The second he stepped into that classroom his senses were bombarded with the same scent from Saturday. Roses, honey and wildness. Although here it was mixed in with another scent, one of magic and temptation.

"Oh," the teacher stood up from her seat and brushed imaginary dust off her top. "You must be the new student. I was wondering when you'd get here." She motioned with her hand for Leon to come further into the room and turned to the rest of the class. "Everyone please make our new student feel welcome. Would you like to tell them a bit about yourself?" she directed the question at Leon. He shrugged and turned to the rest of them. His tense gaze traveled over each and every one of the kids in his new class, taking them in and sizing them up.

When his eyes passed got to a certain blonde girl near the back he froze. But it wasn't just that her hair was the exact shade of the girl's in the forest, no it was more her features that struck him they were somehow familiar and those eyes, where had he seem those before. He took all of this in in the space of a few seconds and quickly composed himself.

"A couple of things you need to know are one: don't ever touch me and two: don't cross me, you'll regret it." He looked directly at the blonde girl in the back who was staring back at him. "Oh and by the way, the name's Leon."

"Well Leon," the teacher spoke after a moment of silence. She raised her hands up as if to touch him but quickly brought them back down again. "We'll be sure to remember that. Now there's a seat over there next to Leona. Normally Jaime would be there but since she-" she paused and a look of sadness crossed her face before she composed herself. "anyway, you can sit here." with that said she turned away from him and went back to the front of the classroom. The kids were all too far away to be able to hear what the teacher, he had yet to find out her name, had said to him.

He sat down on the stool next to the blonde girl he now knew as Leona. A vioce from up front told him that this was a free lesson and that he could paint whatever he wanted. It took him a moment before he realised that he had no brushes or paint to use.

A hand brushed his arm but strangely he didn't flinch like he usually would. Leon turned to the girl next to him with a questioning look. She wasn't looking at him but instead wiggled her arm to get his attention. He looked down to see that she was holding a bunch of paint brushes out to him.

"They're for you idiot," a girls voice whispered. Leon looked up to see that Leona was looking at him with an amused expression. She wiggled her arm again. "Come on take them already, you're making me look like an idiot and arm is about to drop off. Besides you don't exactly have any and you kind of need them in this class." he raised an eyebrow.

"How do you know I don't have any?" he replied smoothly. Leona raised an eyebrow right back at him and pointed at the empty desk next to him with her free hand.

"Well you didn't exactly bring anything with you sooo...." she shrugged. She didn't lower her arm.

He sighed and took the brushes from her with a 'thanks'. Leona nodded and turned back to her work without another word.