deux

Tord had a smile on his face the whole way to Edd's. He was hoping and sure he'd thrown Tom off with the gunshot, in the correct way, or the incorrect way. Along with that, Tom's anger with him, the fact that everything had worked out just right (except for the fact Tom wasn't dead yet), made him happy.

His phone buzzed. Tord took it out of his pocket, and it was a message sent into the group between all four of them.

All four of them.

Tom still had his phone.

Tord's head had perked up when he realized it.

He sent Tom a text, very quickly.

"You say one word, I'm going to shoot you when I leave Edd and Matt's house. You are dead as of now, understand?"

Yeah, whatever. But I'm watching the conversation.

"That's fine. Now, not a word."

Tord switched chats.

Edd had sent, "Tom or Tord, where are you guys? It's been almost an hour!"

Tord typed, "I know where he is, but it's not very good news. Well, for you two at least."

"Don't, please don't tell me, the killer got him," Edd responded. He was worried.

"He found me in the bar, but my drunk ass had him take a couple shots, which led to a lot more. He was drunk out of his mind by the time I had sobered up. Then, I lost track of him. I didn't know he left, until I found his corpse in the alleyway beside the bar."

"Oh my god.. You're joking?"

"I saw it with my own eyes."

Tom wanted so badly to intervene. Edd and Matt are buying Tord's story, and if he speaks, he'll actually die. They won't ever blame Tord for his murder, if he didn't speak up. Tom hesitantly pressed a couple keys, his fingers shaking.

"Wait." Edd sent.
"You saw the killer?! No one has seen the killer! What do they look like?!"

Tom and Tord's eyes went wide, for different reasons. Tord became worried, and Tom was surprised.

Tom smirked.

This text would cost him his life, but he knew it'd be worth it. Anything to make Tord more angry than he'd made him.

"Yeah, Tord. What *did* the killer look like?"

Tord instantly became pissed way off the line.

"Tom???" Edd and Matt had both replied.

"Give me a moment." Tord sent.

Tord ran back to the factory, taking his gun out once he got close enough. He pushed the door open, and slammed it shut from anger.

"Oh shit," Tom smiled, his voice high pitched from trying to keep in laughter. He was reaching for the handcuff key with his foot, and he was able to move it within arm's reach. He quickly let himself out as he heard Tord undoing the locks on the stairs' trapdoor. He put the key back where Tord left it, just to throw him off, and he stood up.

He ran over to his right, and moved by a wall of pipes, bars, and more. He peaked around the end of it, spying the stairs. Tord had just undone it, and he walked up the remaining stairs. He was visibly armed.

Tom had a moment of realization. An, ah-ha moment.

He pulled out his phone, put the camera on Tord, and hit record.

If he can get Tord screaming death threats on camera, he can take it to the police.

Which meant, not running out of the factory as soon as Tord walks down the way to see where he's supposed to be, but staying, and risking his life to have Tord put in jail, or on death row.