un

Tom could see Edd's house. He knew that out in the open was no place for this killer to grab him, if they'd not changed their tactics.

It was a breezy evening; Tom ran a hand back through his gelled hair, the light breeze blowing onto his face. He looked up at the stars. The sun had just about set, and the sky was a beautiful blend of dark, and darker blues. The stars stuck out just like always, the beauties illuminating the night sky.

Tom reached Edd's, and knocked on the door.

"Tom, you're finally here! Come on in," Matt stepped aside and Tom walked in.

"How are you guys?" Tom asked first.

"Good, how are you?" Edd replied.

"I'm alright. Is the commie here yet?"

"Wow, you care?" Matt was sarcastically surprised.

"No," Tom laughed.

"To answer your question, though, he's not here," Edd told him.

"Any knowing of his whereabouts? Is he dead yet?"

"Shush with that. And I think he said he'd be here in five minutes."

"But, that was ten minutes ago," Matt pointed out. Tom shook his head.

"I'll try to get a hold of him again," Edd volunteered. He took out his phone, and after a few minutes of eye rolls and unamused expressions, he set his phone down. "Tom, go get him."

"What? Why me? Where even is he?" Tom was against this, in all ways.

"Matt and I don't know where that bar you always go to is, but he's there right now, and he's drunk."

"Jesus Christ.." Tom facepalmed. "Can't I give one of you directions?"

"Go."

"Fine, I'll be back."

"Stay safe," Matt urged.

"I think I'll be fine; a bar full of people? That would give the killer away in an instant."

"Good point, but still," Edd went on.

"I will. See you guys."

Tom walked out, and he heard the door lock behind him. He headed down the road, on his way to the bar.

"You think he'll be alright? I don't want him to get hurt," Edd said.

"He'll be alright. Tom is smart, and the worst damage he'll get is probably a couple bruises from Tord, but-"

"That's nothing we haven't seen before."

"Exactly."

//

Tom arrived at the bar. He stepped inside the doors, showed his ID, and walked down to the bar's actual doors. He took a deep breath before pushing them open; he wasn't exactly in the mood to go to his favorite bar to fetch his drunken enemy.

Sure enough, it was rowdy. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to find Tord in the crowd, but, he was simply at the bar, and he had a drink in hand. Tom went over, and put a hand on Tord's shoulder. Before he could say his name, he was greeted with a shout.

"I said, FUCK OFF-!" Tord realized who it was, and dismissed his angered expression. Tom stared at him in confusion.

"Alright then, good to see you, too," Tom displayed an unamused face. "C'mon, Edd and Matt sent me to come get you."

"But, Tooooooom!! I just got this drink," Tord held up a glass, which was almost empty.

"Tord, if we take longer than twenty minutes, Edd and Matt are going to freak out. With the killer and everything, they might call the cops or something," Tom tried to reason.