Chapter 1

Do you remember what you thought about life when you were a kid? Did you have it all planned out? Do you remember being really naive? Thinking the tooth fairy was real, and thinking Santa Clause was even more real. I do. I'll start at the beginning, the bell rang.

"Alina!" I held my hand on my hip. "You told me you would help me pick out an outfit for tonight."

"I know, I know! Look Janessa, first things first, if squad doesn't go we have no ride." 

I thought about it for a second, she's totally right. The only other issue aside from a ride was discovering how on earth I was sneaking out of the house tonight. I'm only 15 so the chances of just popping the big "Mom! Dad! Can I go to a party?" Question was absolutely absurd. Of course they would say no. So put it this way, I come from a decent family, two older sisters, Hannah and Melissa, and my mom and step dad. What made it not so decent was having a schizophrenic biological dad. He did drugs all my childhood and had horrible psychotic episodes. Which leaves me with a new strict step dad, don't get me wrong he was great to my mom and all, but he didn't exactly score street cred with me and my sisters. Honestly we all just wanted our unsatisfied mom to be happy for once in her life. 

"Earth to Janessa?" Shouted Alina.

"Yeah?" 

"Okay well is Melissa coming with is or what?" 

"I mean she said she was? She's sort of been hung up over Johnny."

We both giggled, Johnny was this dude in a band my sister had a huge crush on. He was super popular and it was crazy because almost every girl we knew had a crush on him at least once or still did. 

As Alina and I got to my locker our friends were all waiting there with my sister. "Well, well, look what the cat dragged in." Said Fiona. Fiona was also one of our close friends. She was a really tall girl, thin, with long legs, she had dark mid length hair. She was the wild one, her and my sister could both drag you into the biggest amount of trouble.

"So what do you ladies think? Are you going to come to boxing with me today or what?" Asked Fiona, with a puppy dog look. 

"Fiona, Remember that time you liked that guy Cory and we all had to go golfing with you? Or the time you liked that guy who was in that knitting class so we all had to learn to knit?" I asked.

"Come on girls, this time it's different! This one, he's way better and he's so hot, I'll show you his facebook." 

We all crowded around her to look at his facebook, what do you know. He wasn't all that cool, fairly average looking guy with pale skin and long legs. "I mean it Fiona if it turns out like all the others..." I exclaimed.

"It wont! Just come, tonight at 7!" 

"Okay but then after that, we get ready for the party we all planned on going to!" Alina demanded.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we all walked from my house to the stupid boxing gym with Fiona. And that's when it all started, we all knew of course it was just her dating another guy who wouldn't last. She pointed at him "That's him, that's Edwin." Wow, he was exactly how I imagined him being, he had like super long spider legs, and the same look all the other guys Fiona went for had. 

He was really rude, super cocky and obnoxious. In our minds we were all betting on how long this would last for Fiona, I give it two weeks. It took 1 hour and the dude had already insulted me. After that was over, he gave us all a ride home and we showered and got ready for the night.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you really think we can get away with doing this Melissa?"

"Janessa, if you can't do this then just stay home." Melissa grouched, "I'm not trying to get caught by mom and dad like how you always get us." 

"I can, I'm just nervous that's all..." 

"Well hurry up, finish curling my hair. Our ride will be here any second now."

We waited for mom and dad to go to bed, and then around 10:30 we were all ready to go. Our ride had finally pulled up and that's when we took the escape route out the window. This was going to be my first party and I was totally ready to take on the night. When we got to the car literally everyone was there, Fiona, RJ, Alina, Charlie and of course we were ganna meet our other friends there. I'll give you the scoop on these three, RJ throws some of the best parties ever at his place, he's also a top notch video gamer. Then there's Charlie, she sort of gets around a lot, she has a thing for taking someones virginity, she had a lot of similarities with Fiona believe it or not. Then there was Alina, my best friend. Simple girl, we literally have so much in common it freaks us out sometimes.

When we pulled up at the party everyone got out, it was quite the night. I asked myself, I'd never drank before, I spent most of my life in church throughout the week. Was this what I wanted to do? I felt like a good girl going bad. See, I dated this guy named Denver about a month ago, I caught him cheating on me twice and so after that I felt myself change. I didn't feel like the same happy little Janessa. I didn't wanna be that girl anymore, that good girl who got hurt all of the time. 

"Here take a beer." Alinas friend Edwin demanded as he shoved me a beer. He practically shoved it into my chest! "No, I'm alright..." 

"Alina said you wanted to do this.. Now take it!" 

I kept trying to say no, but everyone was watching me, all eyes were on me, to see if I would fail or not. I knew in the back of my mind, if I did this, that would be it. 'Goodbye good girl...' I thought, as I reached out my hand and took a hold of the beer. I began to drink it.

About 30 minutes later I was on my 3rd beer, super tipsy. Talk about light weight for a noob! 

"Guess what?!?!?!" Fiona ran up to us and said.

"Yeah?" Alina asked, she kind of just stood there bored.

"Edwin asked me out, and I said yes."

We all got happy for her, except we knew it wouldn't last. Especially not with a douche like that. Fiona wasn't the relationship type, she would sleep with guys she dated and then dump them right after.

Everything felt funny and the walls were spinning, I knew why, I started to cry. I couldn't control it. Oh no! Someone, someone stop me. I can't control myself. I lost it. My friends and everyone were gathering around me carrying me out to the car. Apparently I was a laughing stock at the party. And I missed out on a lot that night.

To be continued