"I'm so sorry Lily."

"I don't want to be hurt again."

"Neither of us will ever hurt you. We love you."

..........

"That's why she always is uncomfortable with me," I had just told Rosa what Laelia had told me. We were in our bedroom getting ready to turn in for the night. The kids were already asleep thank goodness.

"I don't even know if I was suppose to tell you, I just figured you should know."

"Now I feel like my presence is making her uncomfortable. Should I go away for a while?"

"No running away Rosy. We will get through this together."

"But L-"

"Do you remember the first time you ran away?"

"Ly-"

"I got in a car accident and Maia almost killed you."

"Ly-"

"Nothing goes right when we run away."

"Lyr-"

"Nothing!"

"You don't have to yell at me!"

"I'm not yelling at you Rosa."

"Yes you are! I just want her to feel comfortable and loved!"

"So what? You're just going to abandon the rest of our children? The other three children that need you?"

"Lyric I-"

"You what Rosa? Do you just like giving up when things get a little hard?"

"LITTLE HARD LYRIC? I ALMOST DIED!"

"Rosa stop yelling, the kids are sleeping!"

"Lyric I just don't want her to be uncomfortable in her own home. She has been through too much."

"Rosa, she will get used to it."

"Lyric you can't promise that."

"Rosa she will."

"Maybe I should go stay with Luci for a little." she said getting out of bed. Luci? She barely knows her.

"Rosa!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her down onto my lap.

"What Lyric?" She turned pushing me away from her.

"Stop running away."

"Lyric get off of me."

"No! Right now you are going to listen to me."

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW!"

"Rosa, you never want to talk about it. This time we are!" I put her over my shoulder and took her to the family room in the basement. If she yelled at me during this argument, it would be muffled, so the kids wouldn't wake up. I could tell this would be a long night and I probably would have to call out of work, which could be bad, I'm still in the probationary period.

"Lyric I d-"

"I don't give a damn if you don't want to talk about. This is what we're going to do, so sit down."

"What. The. Hell Lyric? Just let me leave!" she said hitting my arm. It wasn't very hard though.

"NO ROSA! I'M TIRED OF YOU LEAVING!"

"SOMETIMES I HAVE TO!"

"EVERY DAMN TIME SOMETHING GOES WRONG OR WE HAVE A DIFFERENCE IN OPINIONS YOU JUST GO. WE DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. JUST TALK TO ME. IT'S REALLY HARD TO EXPLAIN TO LUKE, 'MOMMY COULDN'T HANDLE LOVING US RIGHT NOW, SO SHE LEFT. MAYBE SHE'LL BE BACK.'" I took a deep breath to calm myself down. "Just talk to me Rosa, you don't have to go. I know that's what you are used to but running? That just drives a wedge between us, if you always having leaving in your back pocket and I'm always censoring myself so you won't go. Rosa, I don't want to have to hide my feelings because I'm afraid you'll leave me."