"Um, our parents just decided it was time for a change." Aiden explained, and she nodded.

"Just like that? Damn, I don't think I could do that. I've lived here all my life; it'd be hard to leave." Riley chuckled, even though she was lying. She'd leave Beacon Hills the first chance she'd get, even if it was her only home.

It was just too weird for her.

Before she could spark up another topic (which she didn't have), the bell went to signify the next period. Riley was a bit glad since she avoided the inevitable awkward silence that everyone endured. She packed up her things and smiled at the two boys, waving goodbye as they left.

She really hoped the rest of her classes didn't go as slow as the one she just had.

---

After school, Riley caught up with Allison at her car.

"Where are you going?" She asked, as Allison's hand was on her car handle.

"Just an errand. I need to get it done quickly, so if you don't mind..." She replied, and opened the door. Before she got in, however, Riley interrupted again.

"What do you have to do?" She asked, clearly seeing the annoyance on her face.

"Just stuff. See you later." She muttered, and shut the door after she climbed in. Riley quickly opened the door to the passenger side and climbed in, ignoring Allison's glares as she buckled herself up.

"I'll come." She smiled, loving how annoyed her friend was. She couldn't help it; she had a knack for annoying people. It really was her favourite way of passing time.

"Riley, thanks for the offer, but I really--"

"What are the bolt cutters for? The ones in your boot?" Riley interrupted, raising her eyebrow at the girl sitting next to her. Allison pretended to be confused as she put her seatbelt on.

"I don't know what you mean." She mumbled, and put her hands on the steering wheel as she looked at Riley expectantly.

"Are you sure? Because I can go show you if you want--"

"Riley!" Allison said loudly, looking exasperated as she rubbed her face. "Fine, what do you want?"

"I want to come with you on your errand. Not a big thing to ask, is it?" She asked, and dropped her clueless act as she rolled her eyes. "Look, Allison, I know you're up to something and I want to make sure that you don't get in trouble. You really got to be careful. These aren't normal werewolves; they're alphas. There's a pack of them. Doesn't that scare you? It sure scares me."

Allison looked at her with her lips pursed, as she sighed loudly and sat back in her seat.

"Look, I can--"

"...Look after yourself, I know that. You've proven that one too many times. I just want to be there with you. Not for you, just with you. Is that too much to ask?" Riley replied, cocking her head at the girl. Allison looked at her for a moment as she pondered on the idea. Riley thought that by the time she made up her mind, it was going to be dark. "Allison!"

"Okay! Fine, you can come." Allison gave in, and Riley smirked at her achievement. "Just stay close to me, okay?"

Riley forgot that Allison didn't know about her abilities. She totally forgot about that, since they've been hanging out a lot more. She guessed that the reason why was because something had been stopping her from revealing that piece of information to an Argent. Her ancestor's enemy. And she knew exactly what the thing was that was stopping her.

Allison started the car and they both drove off to her house, Allison mentioning that it was best to do her errand at night. Riley had an idea of what she was going to do, but she still asked her about it when they ate dinner in her room.

"I'm going to break into the bank and I'm going to prove to Derek that what I'm doing is real." She said, after she took a sip from her water. It must have been frustrating for her for Derek to undermine what she could do, so Riley naturally agreed with her.

"Good for you. I just hope those Alphas won't catch us." Riley nodded. Well, she was pretty sure that the werewolves wouldn't catch her, but not so much with Allison.

"We'll be fine." She waved off, cleaning her plate off and setting it on her desk. Riley continued to slowly eat the food on her plate as she looked up at the girl.

"I talked to the new boys at school, you know, the twins? And I have some bad news." She said bluntly, taking a bite of her steak. Mr. Argent really makes a mean steak.

"What is it?" She groaned, putting her laptop down next to her.

"Listen, isn't it obvious? They come around the exact same time that the Alpha pack comes around, and Isaac was attacked by a pair of twins. It's so obvious that they are a part of the pack! I also overheard them talking about Deaucalion, their leader." She explained after swallowing the meat. It really did make a lot of sense to her and if no one else saw that, then she needed smarter friends.

"I know it is, it's just that-- Lydia has actually found an interest in this guy, especially after the whole Jackson thing. It's going to be hard to tell her that the guy she's crushing on is one of the bad guys."