Fifteen - Chance or Con?

Start from the beginning

Dammit. What were the chances of me running into him? Did he even live here? Did I have the world’s worst luck lately?

“Rowan!” a very feminine voice squealed and then laughed softly. “Stop, stop, stop, there’s someone else in here.”

I wish there was a dark corner I could hide in. I set the bar down with a clink onto the metal hooks and grabbed the towel I’d been using to wipe sweat off my forehead and hands, whipping it over my shoulders so that it hung around my neck.

“Jax?” His voice was deep and rough with arousal.

I wiped the sweat off my face, composed myself, and turned to him. “Oh, good morning sunshine. Getting it in before you go out?”

The girl’s face reddened at my crude comment but Rowan was unaffected.

“You shouldn’t be in here.”

I purposefully glanced at the clock on the wall for several seconds and then back to him. “I’ll take note that this area is your sex haven from five to six in the morning.” I moved to one side of the bar I’d been using and grabbed the disc, sliding it off to put it away.

Out the corner of my eye, I took him take a step toward me. “No, I meant that I’m fairly certain that I heard you say that Dante told you to take a week off.”

I rolled my eyes and slammed the disc down onto the stack.

“Laker is so close to exiling you. If you injure yourself further, you’ll have no use to him.”

I threw up my hands, finally facing him properly. “Thank fucking goodness! Exiling me would be like setting me free!”

He folded his arms and even from a distance I felt the disapproval of his glare. Just because he humped Boey’s leg didn’t mean that everyone else did.

He stood rigidly as I put the last weight away and then pointed to the door. “No more. I don’t care if you think you can get your body through it, you’re just making your injuries worse. Go back to bed or something.”

I smirked. “Okay, okay, I’m out of here. I know you can only keep it up for so long.”

He sneered at me. “Oh, orphan, don’t start a game you can’t handle.” He inched his sweats down, the vee of his muscular abdominals seeming to act as an arrow to what he was alluding to revealing. His muscles tensed and he arched his back, bringing his hips forward. “Why don’t you stick around and join us. Don’t pretend you wouldn’t enjoy yourself.”

The egotistical, idiotic cock-head. I shook my head in disgust and distaste, staying on track towards the door. It was way too early to deal with his fucked-up personality.

“Okay, I can wait for another time so that we can have more private action.”