Fifteen - Chance or Con?

Chapter Fourteen

Chance or Con?

_____________

Dante’s firm hands pressed down, gripping my torso, his thumbs brushing the underside of my breasts. I sighed as he gradually touched his lips to my bare sin, working his way from my shoulder, to my collarbone and finally up my neck to my jaw and resting tenderly on my chin. His eyes were dark, tantalizing and, as he shifted his body to cover mine, twin sparks of desire and mischief flared.

He kept my gaze in an unbreakable hold and bared his teeth, drawing my upper lip into his mouth. My back arched unwilling, bringing my body into contact with his hard lines. His tongue swiped my captured lip before he released it and kissed me properly. The pressure of his mouth on mine made me lightheaded and a soft moan rolled up my throat.

I woke up sweating and shivering.

What the fuck was that?

I glanced around the large room, annoyed by the grandeur of it. My back was aching from the softness of the mattress and the numerous bruises I’d acquired during the daytime. And I felt extremely hot. I kicked off the blankets and quilts and breathed in deep. That dream had been a first for me, I’d never really thought about a guy while I was in my bed at night, unless that guy happened to be with me, and I’d never gone further than an intense make-out session. The scene with Dante seemed like it was about to go a whole lot further.

“Shit,” I muttered, rubbing my hand over my face as I shifted my legs off the bed. There was no sunlight seeping in through the curtain so it must still be night. I grumbled to myself and pushed myself up, holding back a groan as nearly every muscle protested.

I stumbled throughout the household for a while before coming across a room containing weights and exercise machines. Blearily, I picked up several dumbbells differing in weight and lay back on the bench press. I used the heaviest of the ones I’d gathered and pushing them out in front of me was murder, though I managed. I worked eight reps before my arms went jello and refused to work anymore. Then I moved on to leg weights.

I was just finishing up one of my reps when I heard a sultry giggle and a responding husky order. I rolled my eyes and set the bar onto the stand, stretching upright and rubbing the area where my ribs ached painfully. I swallowed past the swelling in my throat as a girl wearing a sports bra and spandex ran into the room, grinning cheerfully. She saw me, clearly illuminated in the only lights turned on in the room, and raised a finger to her lips, signalling silence. I glanced over her tanned skin and pristine blonde hair and shrugged, turning back to my weights.

I was halfway down into a squat when Rowan burst in wearing nothing but light grey sweat pants. I watched through the mirror as he grabbed onto the half-naked girl and bit into her neck playfully. I closed my eyes and supressed a groan. I didn’t know if I wanted him to see me, and therefore make the situation more awkward, or if I wanted him to stay unobservant, which could lead to another awkward situation in which he got a little more intimate with his friend.